Home

TIME FOR NEW COMMENTARY

This is a discussion on TIME FOR NEW COMMENTARY within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: TIME FOR NEW COMMENTARY

I am okay with KIrk and Nessler. it needs to be overhauled. I liked how Lastgen did it, and only used commentary during nation games. Instead of no commentary another commentary team for lower games
Old 04-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #10
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I want to hear about stats and what is happening in the dynasty.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 04-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
I want to hear about stats and what is happening in the dynasty.
That is what exactly what I want to hear. THe only time you hear about stats is when players reach milestones and the only time you hear about the dynasty is during the post game.
I want to hear about the teams record during the pre game and during the game. I want to see the current standings and top 10 teams. I want to see where the team is ranked in total yards and impact players. If a player is close to breaking records and close to a heisman vote. NCAA is one of the few games that doesnt talk about the team's history and past seasons

Last edited by illwill10; 04-16-2011 at 12:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 24

Unfortunately, most of EA's titles have weak commentary.

Even their NHL game has commentary that's been in for the last three years or so, from what I've heard.

In this dept., 2k's titles shine, esp. their baseball game. EA needs to step their game up before it's too late...
Old 04-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #13
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions
The commentary structure for EA's games are horrible. Just a bunch of random lines being spewed. They can get different guys to come in, or even give the same guys more lines, but it's still going to be horrible if they don't change the structure of how their commentary works. Like the old 2k football game or maybe something new. The commentary just has no flow at all to it. Maybe try getting all of the guys in the studio at the same time or something. There never seems to be any real conversation like you would hear on TV, just random 1 liners. This is something that hasn't changed from them since the PS1 days.
I agree the commentators never talk to each other, just say one liner after one liner.

I would love to see Musberger and Herbstriet. "You are looking live" would be awesome to hear in the NCAA football games.

Also different commentary teams for different games would be nice, like having commentary for regional games and commentary for national games, but that is asking too much.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:26 PM   #14
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I'm not exactly a Musberger fan, but you'd have to admit, seeing that aerial shot of the stadium with Busberger's signature opening, "You are looking live ..." and the music playing in the background, that'd be pretty awesome.

Especially if you put it with this music (start at around the :35 mark). That gets me pumped for football every time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMbM3URjnNk
Count me in. I also want to hear scores from other games especially if they are in my division. Maybe it is time to mix things up in the booth. As big as EA is as a company, I just don't understand how they have not learned how to do commentary for any of their games over the years. Nba 2k11 is unbelievable which shows they have an always will understand presentation. Their presentation is so dynamic and they talk about past, present and future. EA Sports as a whole spends too much time on the things that a majority of us don't care about. Presentation is what makes a game feel fresh and new. Changing commentary and making each game feel as if you are there is what matters!
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 PM   #15
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules
Changing commentary and making each game feel as if you are there is what matters!
Exactly. Commentary needs it's own AI. All the canned cheerleaders, cannons, bands etc in the world can't make up for a lack of decent commentary. Heck those things are stale after 1 viewing anyway. Make me FEEL like the commentators are watching my game and care about it. As it is now it's like having your mom who knows nothing about football watching and making weird random comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 9

im for a more natural sounding crew. instead of new one liners or a bunch of one liners, they need to use different variations of regular lines. if you have a different tone to saying the same thing that can make all the difference and make the commentary feel different. right now instead of deleting all the takes except one, save it all and use it all.

the commentary after a 1st down in the 1st qtr should be a lot different than the commentary after a 1st down in the 4th.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »