Home

NCAA Football 12 Blog - Fully Customize Entrance Music

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Blog - Fully Customize Entrance Music within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
NCAA Football 12 Blog - Fully Customize Entrance Music

Check out the new NCAA Football 12 blog, written by Roy Harvey, Executive Producer of NCAA Football 12.

Another season is upon us and the countdown begins. Over the next 90 days you’ll be hearing about everything we’ve put into NCAA Football 12 and we hope you’ll like what you’re going to see. It represents months of deep development and the next serious step in innovation that we initiated last year with NCAA Football 11.

I have no major announcements today, but I can say that our focus and fundamental strategy hasn’t changed. It’s still all about the three key elements I described in my blog last year “A New Game Plan”; Core Experience, Authenticity, and Innovation.

The community feedback we’ve received on ’11 through emails, forums, and surveys has been encouraging and I’m happy to report that we’ve incorporated many of these requests into the newest edition.

Starting with the core, we continue to acknowledge and agree that gameplay is what matters most. The engine we share with our brothers on Madden is getting some big upgrades and improvements that we will customize and tune for the right collegiate feel. You can also expect another big push on the defensive side of the ball this year. Other than that, there’s not much more I can say just yet. But please be patient, there are definitely “under the hood” details ahead in the coming weeks.

With regard to authentic presentation, we are making a big push in this area as well because it’s a huge part of what college football means -- the passion, pageantry, and tradition is like no other sport in the world (FIFA comes close…). You may have caught a few of the rough iPhone screenshots released so far, but the better looking stuff is coming in the next few days. Here are a few minor details I can share now for my Michigan brethren. At least in the virtual world I can put them in the Rose Bowl this year.

New Big House stadium lights are also in and ready to go…

Another minor item to start planning for – you’ll be able to fully customize entrance music this year, so get your tracks ready…

Finally, with regards to online, the response to NCAA Football 11’s online dynasty mode has been outstanding, so expect some interesting news here in as we get closer to launch.

In closing, on behalf of the team I’d like to thank all the fans who’ve written in with suggestions and comments. While we can’t possibly get to the thousands of ideas that have come in, we do take your feedback very seriously when designing the game and work to get as much in as time and resources will allow. From big ideas to the little things like dreads, bowl patches, band placement, uniform details, and mascot changes – everything contributes to realism and authenticity – and they all came from you. So please keep the cards and letters coming…

Keep the faith, real news is up ahead!

Roy
NCAA Football 12
Executive Producer

Source - NCAA Football 12 Blog: Welcome Back
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Last edited by Roggie; 04-18-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: "Welcome Back" Blog is now Up

Pretty disappointment on todays info. todays info: bowl patches and entrance music. Yipy! ... Cant wait for the next pointless blog... oh well. At least were getting some juicy stuff thursday
Old 04-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
MVP

Roggie's Arena

I'm with you on the bowl patches, but entrance music is something that really annoyed me last year. If I'm playing as a team that is known for the music to their entrance, AKA Enter Sandman, I should be able to hear Enter Sandman.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 04-18-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
MVP

volstopfan14's Arena

OVR: 20

Not a whole lot here but any info is good. Custom music for entrances is in and in the picture #21 for Texas is wearing a new revo speed helmet. I get the impression that starting today there will be a pretty steady flow of information about the game
Old 04-18-2011, 05:13 PM   #5
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnZapp
Pretty disappointment on todays info. todays info: bowl patches and entrance music. Yipy! ... Cant wait for the next pointless blog... oh well. At least were getting some juicy stuff thursday
Not really sure what you were expecting, it still really early, they won't be giving us the really good stuff till later on.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #6
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I'm with you on the bowl patches, but entrance music is something that really annoyed me last year. If I'm playing as a team that is known for the music to their entrance, AKA Enter Sandman, I should be able to hear Enter Sandman.
ya im not saying that music entrances is bad. im just sayin that if i had word that there was going to be presentation in the blog... i would be thinking "oh nice, theyre going to be talking about the atmosphere or espn". But if you just mention music entrances, saying there will be gameplay improvements and 2 pics of Michigan, then whats the point for calling it a somewhat presentation blog???????
Old 04-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #7
MVP

Roggie's Arena

I didn't really expect much more than we got. It is the first blog. Not like they're going to come out and say right away that College Gameday is in the game. Starting small, then growing.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 04-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #8
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Good read, sounds promising. It seems like Roy really gets it, and I know a lot of people will be happy that they can customize their entrance music to re-create their favorite team's actual entrance as closely as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »