Home

Make RB by committee easier?

This is a discussion on Make RB by committee easier? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2011, 06:24 PM   #9
MVP

DorianDonP's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Make RB by committee easier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Hype Iz Real
Sort of like what you can already do with a flick of the right stick.
Maybe they could give us the option of choosing players in our quick subs on the formation sub menu
I mentioned that you can already do a variation of that in my post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP

Now

The way they do it now is you pick your formation/play type and then pick your play. It's quick and efficient that way, but you have to use the analog stick to sub players in and out and it's not efficient or total control doing it that way. That's certainly not how they do it in real life. Players are running on and off the field all of the time in real life.

But it's not realistic because you can only pick one position at a time. If you want to put your starting back at FB, your backup at RB, and bring in your fastest QB at QB for just one play, you cannot do anything close to this except by using a formation sub (and it would create that same lineup everytime you pick that formation).

What I'm suggesting is total control in subbing in players before the play, without having to change depth chart every other play in the pause menu. There are times a certain play works best when I switch my wide outs around. There are certain situations where you want a jumbo package but you still don't want to create formation subs because it would do it every single time. And there are MULTIPLE defensive subs that would work better, such as bringing in 4 pass rushers on the line and taking all of your chunky DTs out on the fly.

But I can't do this without going into the pause menu because the current way of doing it in the play call screen is way too limited.

Last edited by DorianDonP; 04-19-2011 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:01 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 13

I actually kind of like the formation subs especially if you have 3 decent RBs
Old 04-20-2011, 02:24 AM   #11
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

At this point in my OU dynasty, I have FIVE, yes FIVE RB's I rotate in and out.

I started out being a pass hapyp team, but over the past couple years all these RB's have been signing with me. So I just rolled with the punches. All these guys are good too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 10:01 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 20

Most definitely would like to see something more streamlined, like if you could push up on the d-pad to cycle through all your running backs right on the playcall screen or something.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Hopefully it is improved. I plan on have a running team(no triple option though). I do plan on having 3+ RBs in a constant rotation.
I think They need at imporve formation subs in general. I hate making a mass sub and getting DLine in Oline spots or CBs in WR spots.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:34 AM   #14
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I think some of you are just lazy, honestly. Quick subs, formation subs, and sub in/sub out numbers make this extremely easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 04-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #15
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I think some of you are just lazy, honestly. Quick subs, formation subs, and sub in/sub out numbers make this extremely easy.
Sub in/Sub out always has some people scared to use it because of people subbing out and never back in.

Quick subs only change up specific players to other ones with no true control.

Formation subs affect every single play in a formation.

The ability to use certain players in certain plays is gone. If I have a bruising halfback I want to play on 3rd and 1, right now he either has to be my backup or he has to be formation subbed into a specific formation. What if I have a halfback dive out of the I form weak, but he's my 3rd string due to me having a speed guy number 1 and balanced 2, and I don't want him playing the entire time in my main formation? That's what's missing.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #16
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
I hear you. But between quick sub and formation subs, I've just never had this problem. You can trick your formation sub and depth chart into having things set up almost perfect. I hear what youre saying for specific plays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »