Home

NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2011, 11:54 AM   #65
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Stadiums are a whole different ball game. Classic stadiums involve a lot more effort and usually also involve individual licensing fees.
They are, indeed--baseball stadiums actually affect gameplay. Alternate uniforms are completely, totally, 100% cosmetic.

Quote:
And I specifically mentioned EA Sports because I only was comparing to the sports game competitors. NBA 2k and The Show don't charge for uniforms.
As far as I can see, neither is EA. They are simply requiring those who want these items to purchase from a specific retailer.

Quote:
I know this is the way things have been going for other game genres and will probably be for all games in the future. It doesn't mean that we should just quietly accept it though. Its natural to expect things that were free/no strings attached in the past should remain that way.
It may be natural, but it's also unrealistic. That sort of thing has gone the way of airlines providing complimentary drinks and peanuts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 11:58 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0
again this year ea? come on..everyone's paying their 60 bucks for the game and the only way to get all the features is if you preorder it?
Old 04-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #67
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 12 - Pre-Order Nike Pro Combat Bonuses and Enhanced Tackling Engine

What about Oregon State. IMO those were the best looking ones.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:39 PM   #68
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigturboweenie
uh....it IS a big deal if you like to get your game "a week early" at a kool gaming spot in los angeles that i've been going to for 5 years now. why the hell should be i prevented from getting those damn pro-combats just because i don't want to deal w/ gamestop?
I guess as i've gotten older i've realized that getting early is not all that important. When you get the game early you still end up waiting for the rosters to come out anyway before you start to really get into it. I know you can test the game and try the modes before you start your dynastys and stuff but is getting it a week early more valuable to you then having alternate uni's? Which do you care about more? This is a way to help Gamestop get people to not go out to mom & pop places early and come to their stores, for ea to try and somewhat regulate that the game is not released early. Obviously they have a deal because Gamestop is always the one that does the preorder stuff for games as well as Best Buy.

So if you really care about having a few pro combat alt unis then you just preorder. If that isn't a big deal to you then you go get it early. Its business, i'm sorry but sometimes people on here complain too much about having to pay for things. When you go buy ice cream they charge you extra for sprinkles. These companies have to find ways to earn extra income to stay afloat, look at all these companies and franchises that have failed recently. We may not enjoy not being handed everything we ask and expect in one big goody bag but thats business people, welcome to the real world.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #69
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Whine, whine, whine.

EA/GS aren't asking you or anyone else to pay one penny over retail for these items. To claim this is "nickle and dime tactics" is nonsense.

Oh, and one more thing--If it's like NCAA 11 these will actually be the PC's from the previous year, so they really aren't "a part of the upcoming season".
exactly, well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
That's unfortunate, but it's also an extemely rare situation. 99.9% of the people who are going to purchase NCAA 12 can take advantage of this offer if they chose to do so.

That's simply not true, virtually all game publishers do this sort of thing now. To cite some examples:
  • last year Sony rewarded people who pre-ordered MLB 10 with a code that enabled users to download classic stadiums;
  • People who pre-ordered Halo Reach at GS received an exclusive in game armor suit.
If you do a google search for "gamestop pre-order exclusive" you'll find more examples. It's just the way the business works now.

One other thought--last year EA instituted the Online Pass program in order to to encourage people to buy games new rather than used. Since used games are a large part of GS's business EA has wisely chosen to soften the blow by rewarding one of their largest retailers with exclusive content that will generate additional new unit sales in order to make up for the lost revenue from used versions.
don't forget about THQ doing a preorder where you got extra fighters, same with WWE All Stars.

And its not like they aren't giving us tons of alternate uniforms to begin with. Last year you had to play the demo in order to unlock them. So they didn't just give them to you then either. They made you use their product before you got them. And like someone else said, theyre the pro combats from last year. They could have just not put any pro combats in and gave us no option to get them. They aren't obligated to put them in there.

Last edited by JerseySuave4; 04-20-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #70

OVR: 34
Re: Momentum Based Takling Comfirmed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach_III
Nice.. new tackling engine...hmm
No one said it's a new engine. You are completely taking the quote and running with it. All they said was enhanced tackling system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
Im not even getting hyped man. Same thing happened with "Pro-Tak" talk. I'll have to see it in real time to believe it.
It also reminds me of when Madden was talking about "branching technology" where a tackle had different ways to play out. The way they mention how it's an enhanced tackling system, by saying we have control of the player through the moment of impact makes me think the enhancement is more on the side of one on one tackles. I'm more interested in being able to engage in a tackle situation that has already been established by two other players and not dive through the action.

I don't want to be crude about it, but in both NCAA and Madden proper gang tackling is longer over due. It sounds like I'm beating a dead horse but it's just something I really wish they'd include.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #71
Rookie

NJG-11's Arena

OVR: 0
already got it pre-ordered hopefully dis game is as good as its looks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #72
Banned

OVR: 3
my $60 bucks SHOULD EQUATE to PRO-COMBAT UNIs without having to preorder that ish! like i said before, i hate gamestop, and will never support them. PLUS, i get my game a week early at a swapmeet. wtf EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »