Home

How do you think EA should implement a Coaching Mode

This is a discussion on How do you think EA should implement a Coaching Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2011, 11:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 32
How do you think EA should implement a Coaching Mode

With all of the new information coming out it's going to make the wait until July 12th incredibly difficult. So I thought I'd take some time and obsess over my favorite game on PS3, and tell you what I would love to see in this franchise. Hopefully this will get to the devs at EA, and hopefully they'll like the positive criticism from a fan who loves their product, and not one who's sending hate mail.

Here's what I personally would love to see implemented into NCAA. I know some of this stuff is going to take a long time to develop, but I want to take the time and let you know what I as a fan want in the game. I'm sure that I will leave out huge discussions on gameplay, but please comment below on what you would like to see from EA, and what you agree/disagree with in this blog. I would greatly appreciate feedback.

Coaching Carousel (CC)
First thing I want to include is the largely discussed Coaching Carousel. EA please comment back to this blog and tell me that you have learned from your mistakes from NFL Head Coach, and that just calling plays is not actually coaching. Please implement a system that isn't "technically accurate". Let the player work his way up from a coordinator to better and bigger things at more prestigious schools, and head coaching positions. This could be an amazing feature and this is how I would love to see it introduced, but before you read this please give us an option to actually play with our team or side of ball if we are a coordinator.

With the new trailer's description below I would love to see EA use the Road to Glory as a stepping stone to becoming a coach.
"Experience the pageantry of gameday Saturday as you go from high school superstar to top college player to head coach in NCAA Football 12. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new tackling system, make an impact with NCAA Football 12."
I think it would be perfect to become either an offensive or defensive coordinator based on what position you played in your Road to Glory Dynasty. You could also bring back studying that influences the players GPA as long with other attributes to "transfer" to coaching abilities as a coach.

EA loves to try to transfer modes from NCAA to Madden, but to the best of my knowledge they have never transferred anything back to NCAA from Madden. A lot of people that I know only buy NCAA, but I think you would gain a huge audience in both NCAA and Madden if you were able to continue your RTG dynasty into Madden as a professional NFL athlete with an option at the end of your career to retire into coaching College.

Light bulb!
I think you would not only gain huge praise for something so amazing, but I think you would gain a large audience that would be more than happy to dish out money for both football games without thinking twice.

Many games still have that quality and playability that they are able to be replayed years later such as NCAA Basketball by 2k. The only reason that I still play this game is because I can take a mediocre school, and try to coach them into a powerhouse. Coaching is much more than just coaching a single game. Ask any coach what their job title means, and I'm sure they will have an answer that is along the lines of taking their team to a greater level of success and achievement. If NCAA is able to implement a Coaching mode similar to the old NCAA Basketball Coaching Carousel I can't even fathom the success of the Title.

To succeed in the Coaching Carousel, and for me to even consider this feature I would have to actually be able to take complete control of my team. This includes my largest priority in Coaching Carousel which is actually letting the player play the games through the team. I know that the Coach doesn't actually play(Obviously). But please give me the ability to play with your team. I have had multiple thirty plus year dynasties that I have played until I had successfully taken smaller schools into unbeatable powerhouses. For me that's why I love NCAA, and why I think CC would be a great addition.

Other great additions I would love to see implemented are stadium and equipment upgrades. If you start with a small school as you would most likely have to in CC it would be a great feature to have a budget as well as a way to upgrade your stadium. Small colleges aren't know for having a huge stadiums, but with an indept Coaching Mode it would be possible to receive "donations from alumni(example)" if you hit certain goals such as winning a bowl/championship, recruiting a top recruit, or even winning a rivalry game. In my dream Coaching Mode we would have a budget that we can upgrade our stadium as well as getting scholarship funds for recruits.

You wouldn't even necessarily need a "budget". I would be completely happy with having interaction with the Athletic Director or Alumni to donate new additions to your current stadium if certain goals are meet, and even to possibly build a completely new state of the art stadium like in previous Madden's dynastys. Setting prices, and upgrading my stadium was always one of my favorite things to work towards in my Madden dynasties.

EA. I know that implementing a huge mode such as Coaching Carousel is impossible to do in a year or two with the quality that must be attained before you can actually release it to us. But please bring me a quality Coaching Mode EA. I know it would take some time, but it would put NCAA Football over the top and impossible to compete with.

Las Vegas Raiders | Atlanta Braves | NCAA Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 01:14 AM   #2
Rookie

Goofybub23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you think EA should implement a Coaching Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinjones.us
With all of the new information coming out it's going to make the wait until July 12th incredibly difficult. So I thought I'd take some time and obsess over my favorite game on PS3, and tell you what I would love to see in this franchise. Hopefully this will get to the devs at EA, and hopefully they'll like the positive criticism from a fan who loves their product, and not one who's sending hate mail.

Here's what I personally would love to see implemented into NCAA. I know some of this stuff is going to take a long time to develop, but I want to take the time and let you know what I as a fan want in the game. I'm sure that I will leave out huge discussions on gameplay, but please comment below on what you would like to see from EA, and what you agree/disagree with in this blog. I would greatly appreciate feedback.

Coaching Carousel (CC)
First thing I want to include is the largely discussed Coaching Carousel. EA please comment back to this blog and tell me that you have learned from your mistakes from NFL Head Coach, and that just calling plays is not actually coaching. Please implement a system that isn't "technically accurate". Let the player work his way up from a coordinator to better and bigger things at more prestigious schools, and head coaching positions. This could be an amazing feature and this is how I would love to see it introduced, but before you read this please give us an option to actually play with our team or side of ball if we are a coordinator.

With the new trailer's description below I would love to see EA use the Road to Glory as a stepping stone to becoming a coach.
"Experience the pageantry of gameday Saturday as you go from high school superstar to top college player to head coach in NCAA Football 12. With an enhanced in-game presentation, new traditions, and an all-new tackling system, make an impact with NCAA Football 12."
I think it would be perfect to become either an offensive or defensive coordinator based on what position you played in your Road to Glory Dynasty. You could also bring back studying that influences the players GPA as long with other attributes to "transfer" to coaching abilities as a coach.

EA loves to try to transfer modes from NCAA to Madden, but to the best of my knowledge they have never transferred anything back to NCAA from Madden. A lot of people that I know only buy NCAA, but I think you would gain a huge audience in both NCAA and Madden if you were able to continue your RTG dynasty into Madden as a professional NFL athlete with an option at the end of your career to retire into coaching College.

Light bulb!
I think you would not only gain huge praise for something so amazing, but I think you would gain a large audience that would be more than happy to dish out money for both football games without thinking twice.

Many games still have that quality and playability that they are able to be replayed years later such as NCAA Basketball by 2k. The only reason that I still play this game is because I can take a mediocre school, and try to coach them into a powerhouse. Coaching is much more than just coaching a single game. Ask any coach what their job title means, and I'm sure they will have an answer that is along the lines of taking their team to a greater level of success and achievement. If NCAA is able to implement a Coaching mode similar to the old NCAA Basketball Coaching Carousel I can't even fathom the success of the Title.

To succeed in the Coaching Carousel, and for me to even consider this feature I would have to actually be able to take complete control of my team. This includes my largest priority in Coaching Carousel which is actually letting the player play the games through the team. I know that the Coach doesn't actually play(Obviously). But please give me the ability to play with your team. I have had multiple thirty plus year dynasties that I have played until I had successfully taken smaller schools into unbeatable powerhouses. For me that's why I love NCAA, and why I think CC would be a great addition.

Other great additions I would love to see implemented are stadium and equipment upgrades. If you start with a small school as you would most likely have to in CC it would be a great feature to have a budget as well as a way to upgrade your stadium. Small colleges aren't know for having a huge stadiums, but with an indept Coaching Mode it would be possible to receive "donations from alumni(example)" if you hit certain goals such as winning a bowl/championship, recruiting a top recruit, or even winning a rivalry game. In my dream Coaching Mode we would have a budget that we can upgrade our stadium as well as getting scholarship funds for recruits.

You wouldn't even necessarily need a "budget". I would be completely happy with having interaction with the Athletic Director or Alumni to donate new additions to your current stadium if certain goals are meet, and even to possibly build a completely new state of the art stadium like in previous Madden's dynastys. Setting prices, and upgrading my stadium was always one of my favorite things to work towards in my Madden dynasties.

EA. I know that implementing a huge mode such as Coaching Carousel is impossible to do in a year or two with the quality that must be attained before you can actually release it to us. But please bring me a quality Coaching Mode EA. I know it would take some time, but it would put NCAA Football over the top and impossible to compete with.
There is no part of this post that isn't spot on. Exactly what the NCAA games need. and very well said.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:20 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinjones.us

Coaching Carousel (CC)

Light bulb!

Very curious as to what this means.........
Old 04-20-2011, 01:43 AM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Very curious as to what this means.........
I imagine like in last-gens Race for the Heisman mode('06, I didn't play last-gen '07+), once you finished your RTG career, you can either choose to export to Madden, or transfer your player into a coach in dynasty mode.

just my guess though.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-20-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I imagine like in last-gens Race for the Heisman mode('06
I wish you could play NCAA Football 06' on the Xbox 360, I don't have an original Xbox but I still have the game and would love to see all the things that were in that game.

So did it work that the more prestigious you were as a player the more prestigious you were as a coach or something? I don't remember
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2011, 03:04 AM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I wish you could play NCAA Football 06' on the Xbox 360, I don't have an original Xbox but I still have the game and would love to see all the things that were in that game.

So did it work that the more prestigious you were as a player the more prestigious you were as a coach or something? I don't remember
you can play '06 on the 360, it's just not very stable unfortunately. I still have my original Xbox though, it's probably lasted longer than any other system I've own, except my Super Nintendo which is still kicking(an release week SNES at that).

as for the Race for the Heisman mode, I never played it that far. that mode never really appealed to me. I just know that you eventually get to choose to export to Madden or become a coach in dynasty mode after your senior year. I just played dynasty mode and dominated with my impact HB every year.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-20-2011, 03:24 AM   #7
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

It needs to be pretty much exactly like College Hoops 2k8 except for football obviously.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 04-20-2011, 07:35 AM   #8
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I imagine like in last-gens Race for the Heisman mode('06, I didn't play last-gen '07+), once you finished your RTG career, you can either choose to export to Madden, or transfer your player into a coach in dynasty mode.

just my guess though.
I don't play RTG but I thought they still had this in there. When they took the feature of advancing to Madden or becoming a coach what was the point?!?! Wow they totally stripped the game down across gens. That sux.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »