Home

D1 AAs???

This is a discussion on D1 AAs??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 07:49 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: D1 AAs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
Even if they didn't put all the FCS teams in there it would be nice to be able to replace the "West" and "East" schools with Teambuilder schools which you could then at least substitute FCS for the generics.

That would be a minimal change and is a far more reasonable request than asking to have all the FCS teams in there.
next year that should be their vote. One fcs team from each region gets input into the game to take those generic teams spots...and altho we cant play with them and they dont play at home against anybody...we vote each team into the game. So west they find like the 10 most popular schools, east, south, etc. then fans can decide which d2 teams we want in. But at least villanova and umass movin into d1....i wonder when they will make it onto the game
Www.usba.freeforums.net USA #1 SIM 2K LG ON PS4!

WWW.SOUTHERNTURNUPS.COM
Old 04-22-2011, 07:57 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I wish we could have all FBS teams, then have almost all FCS teams. From what I have heard, it isn't necessarily disk space, though I'm sure that is a factor for the amount of recruits needed, but the real problem is the way the schedule is set up. It would have to be completely rewritten for FCS teams to appear. But with all the conference changes and the addition of new programs to FBS, I would think they'd had to rewrite it anyways.

My perfect NCAA would have all DA and DAA teams in the games with 90+% of the stadium. The players are all fake players, so it wouldn't be hard to get rosters correct.

― Plato
Old 04-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #35
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I wish we could have all FBS teams, then have almost all FCS teams. From what I have heard, it isn't necessarily disk space, though I'm sure that is a factor for the amount of recruits needed, but the real problem is the way the schedule is set up. It would have to be completely rewritten for FCS teams to appear. But with all the conference changes and the addition of new programs to FBS, I would think they'd had to rewrite it anyways.

My perfect NCAA would have all DA and DAA teams in the games with 90+% of the stadium. The players are all fake players, so it wouldn't be hard to get rosters correct.
I think you are right because as the game is each fake FCS team could be scheduled multiple games in a single week. Not sure if its something EA could make so that we could have the real teams but I sure hope so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 08:15 PM   #36
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

For NCAA 10 on PSP (which is just horrendous, dont ever play it) they had some FCS teams like App St, Wofford, Southern Georgia, Youngstown St, etc., and you could even substitute those teams in and play with them in dynasty. Its pretty pathetic that they cant put at least some of the FCS teams in.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 29

I think for now we have to accept that Teambuilder is their answer to the FCS issue. And personally I don't think that's a bad thing at all we just need a few more additions like create a stadium and an extra conference for FCS or other teams to schedule games against

Last edited by moylan1234; 04-23-2011 at 08:20 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old 04-22-2011, 11:21 PM   #38
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I think for now we have to accept that Teambuilder is there answer to the FCS issue. And personally I don't think that's a bad thing at all we just need a few more additions like create a stadium and an extra conference for FCS or other teams to schedule games against
teambuilder is great BUT
you cant use them in dynasty to replace the fcs teams and you cant do any of the mentioned above.
hope they fix this to add realism instead of the generic teams. they have done it before and should add it again.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:47 AM   #39
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

One problem with using teambuilder to replace those fake FCS teams (West, East etc) is that those fake teams represent many teams. You'll notice some of those teams have records like 0-8 after 2 weeks because they've played several different FBS schools as "stand ins" for a real FCS team in that area. So you couldn't simply replace "FCS West" with Montana or you'd see Montana playing 60 games a year. You either have to have a full compliment of replacement FCS teams or it wouldn't work.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:48 PM   #40
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
I think for now we have to accept that Teambuilder is there answer to the FCS issue. And personally I don't think that's a bad thing at all we just need a few more additions like create a stadium and an extra conference for FCS or other teams to schedule games against

Maybe you have not been reading the thread but no matter how many times it is said that teambuilder does nothing to solve to the FCS issues somebody always says it is the answer.
Teambuilder can not remove any of the fake FCS teams and Teambuilder only allows you to play as an FCS team in a very unrealistic way by replacing an FBS team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »