Home

I have a sneaking suspicion

This is a discussion on I have a sneaking suspicion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2011, 08:44 PM   #41
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: I have a sneaking suspicion

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWO35
I'm no video game expert but common sense tells me a chain gang wouldn't require massive amount of space. A cheap cut-scene and a few more people on the sideline?
It's not disc space that's the issue.

Foremost is the time and effort that would be required to budget to this that would have to be taken away from some other aspect of the game; however easy or hard this is, it still takes time to do, and none of us here on OS will ever have a true gauge of how much that is. Second is a RAM space issue; the PS3 and XBOX360 only have 512MB RAM; space would have to be made here to hold the chain gang in memory if it isn't already available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Teambuilder definitely needs to improved. It has not been touched since it was added. There needs to be more customize abilty in Teambuilder.
Perhaps a stadium builder too.
It would make teambuilder more popular if you can set up your custom playbooks in the teambuilder website.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #43
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinewon
Dynasty mode is the reason that 75% of us play this game.
Where do you get this number from?
Old 04-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #44
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Where do you get this number from?
57% of all statistics on OS are made up on-the-spot.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 PM   #45
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
57% of all statistics on OS are made up on-the-spot.
Actually it's 64%

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 01:24 AM   #46
Rookie

dray8theman's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWO35
I'm no video game expert but common sense tells me a chain gang wouldn't require massive amount of space. A cheap cut-scene and a few more people on the sideline?
But common sense should also tell you that there "is" coding involved. It's not adding more people on the sidelines. The Chain Gang comes in on close measurements, how many times does this happen in the course of a game, 2 times at the most. Yes it would bring realism, but EA seems to not want total realism for their simulation games,

I am by no means knocking your gripe, just trying to see it from EA's perspective I guess.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:18 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Pig
I don't care about the chain gang. It'd be nice, but the people acting like this is a make-or-break feature are neurotic.

One of the great things for me would be crowd emotion. Sudden explosions of sound when you break clear of the secondary, when a big pass goes up and your receiver comes down with it. Game winning scores, big defensive stops, let crowd noise build as you chase the QB down and finally make the sack. I want the excitement of the crowd's EXPLOSION of ecstacy when your kicker nails that game-winning fieldgoal in a close game against a rival.

Even the negative reactions in crowds are fine. Like when a big pass goes up and the receiver drops it, or maybe how the crowd reacts to an ill-timed penalty against its home team.
Do you remember on the old PS2/XBOX NCAA's the top 25 stadiums meant something? When you pumped u the crowd it meant something and the crowd could actually rattle the younger guys or the small schools? I used to love that. It was like they told you: "good luck going into tiger stadium with your freshman qb, cuz he WILL be affected!" I really enjoyed that
Old 04-24-2011, 03:42 AM   #48
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked152
Do you remember on the old PS2/XBOX NCAA's the top 25 stadiums meant something? When you pumped u the crowd it meant something and the crowd could actually rattle the younger guys or the small schools? I used to love that. It was like they told you: "good luck going into tiger stadium with your freshman qb, cuz he WILL be affected!" I really enjoyed that
I posted pretty much this same thing but it just got passed on. I like how also where if you called a hot route for a young player they might run the wrong route. And would maybe drop passes, fumble, ect because they were rattled.

Now all it does is show your Play art squiggle... And that's it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »