Home

Suction removed, zone better, Superman leaps next?

This is a discussion on Suction removed, zone better, Superman leaps next? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12
Suction removed, zone better, Superman leaps next?

I think it's great that they're recalibrating the tackling and blocking animations to make the gameplay look more like real football, but if they don't fix the Superman leaps from DE's and LB's, then it's all for naught.

The problem is that they've already addressed the zone coverage issue, making LB's and DB's track receiver routes better and so on, but I'm concerned this could increase the number of Superman swatted balls. Even after the last patch in '11, I still saw too many instances of defenders leaping 6 feet in the air in the blink of an eye to swat a pass.

They better fix this, because the passing game looks like it will already be more restrictive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Suction removed, zone better, Superman leaps next?

I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind the "Superman Leaps". I didn't really see them that much maybe once a game. I'd just see it as another incomplete pass and there was no need to up in arms (no pun intended) about it. My QB's completion % was usually on the high side anyway.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Superman leaps were pretty much eliminated by lowering the interception slider down to 10 to 15 anyway. So that really wasn't a big problem since it was fixable via sliders.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #4
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind the "Superman Leaps". I didn't really see them that much maybe once a game. I'd just see it as another incomplete pass and there was no need to up in arms (no pun intended) about it. My QB's completion % was usually on the high side anyway.

I'm curious, what difficulty do you play on? I play on Heisman with adjusted sliders and I still see it far too much.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I play on Heisman with no adjustments and the problem with superman jumps is not the height. The real problem is the reaction time.

It has been stated many times that superman jumps are a result of the button being pressed not the on screen animation. The AI does not react to what is happening on screen the way we do so what should be done to fix this massive design flaw is to scale back the reaction time a few tenths of a second or so to feel like a reaction to the throw than to the button.

This game looks promising but there are still major flaws I am concerned about. Will the blocking be fixed back to the NCAA 11 vanilla level. I remember the O-line properly picking up blocks then. Nothing is more annoying that having your backside OT go after the playside linebacker and let the backside DE/CB/LB come in and hit the option from behind.

Other issues I'm still concerned about is containment. The video teaser made me curious because it said that flats will be better contained but what about the runs to the outside that were darn near unstoppable last year.

Then I am curious if play action will block properly this time. I also wonder if the option pass will have proper protection instead of a generic pass block, form a pocket style protection. In all honesty the option is the playbook that needs the most work along with the pistol.

Anyways it does look like they did something this year.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
Banned

SW Iowa Guy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480;2042330370[B
]I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind the "Superman Leaps"[/b]. I didn't really see them that much maybe once a game. I'd just see it as another incomplete pass and there was no need to up in arms (no pun intended) about it. My QB's completion % was usually on the high side anyway.
That is an accurate post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »