Home

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..NCAA12 > M12

This is a discussion on I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..NCAA12 > M12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 12:08 AM   #25
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..NCAA12 > M12

Premature statement is premature.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Premature statement is premature.
Yea, I said it real early last year and I turned out to be right.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:44 AM   #27
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Sponge
For me it's not just about which game is better in a given year. I just enjoy college football WAY more than pro. I get more fun out of bringing a Mountain West team to a conference title and the Las Vegas Bowl than I do bringing a pro team to the Super Bowl. So even if Madden were better I'd stick with NCAA, and I imagine there are a lot of Madden guys who have similar feelings about pro ball vs college.

well for me, i like to play and watch college games more than pro. The college game people are trying their butts off all the time and are trying to prove to people. the pros get paid for just showing up to games, they could care less about their fans and so forth as long as they're making a livings. i mean come on you watch NBA players just pick their butts and walk back down the court, when NCAA players are busting their butts, b.c they wanna win!! they only get 1-4 years to play the game some make it to the pros but for some. its their last years and they wanna remember it forever.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:16 AM   #28
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

I'll have to see what dynasty improvements will be made this year, but as of now I'm buying NCAA and renting Madden to see how it is
Old 04-24-2011, 02:39 AM   #29
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

If NCAA 12 is better than NCAA 11, that would really be saying something. I thought NCAA 11 was the best looking and, despite some flaws, the best-playing and funnest football video game ever. If they can top that, I'm like, shwiiiiiing!

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 04-24-2011, 03:08 AM   #30
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
If NCAA 12 is better than NCAA 11, that would really be saying something. I thought NCAA 11 was the best looking and, despite some flaws, the best-playing and funnest football video game ever. If they can top that, I'm like, shwiiiiiing!

indeed
Old 04-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #31
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
I really enjoy playing both NCAA and Madden but a couple things have me playing Madden more often:

1. Gameplanning. The ability to alter the CPU gameplans and have them play realistically is huge. It's not perfect, but as long as I'm not seeing Double CB blitz and Engage Eight every play I'm much happier.

2. Certain NCAA schemes just don't work. I love playing with different teams and different schemes but the spread running game is just not well duplicated and neither is the flexbone. The run and shoot and other shotgun passing offenses are well done but I find the most realism with a pro style offense, and then it starts feeling just like Madden. I want to feel the uniqueness of college schemes and running QBs, and that keeps me from putting NCAA above Madden.

3. Play Action. It was atrocious in both games, but it got fixed in a Madden patch. It still remains a terrible strategy in NCAA to use play action because the OLine just doesn't block. So when playing NCAA, there were just too many plays I was afraid to call: play action, read option, etc.

Last edited by Palo20; 04-24-2011 at 09:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
That all being said, NCAA and Madden have used the same game core for a while.
Yea since Madden 2001, when it came out on PS2. darn shame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »