Home

I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..NCAA12 > M12

This is a discussion on I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..NCAA12 > M12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 05:15 PM   #49
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..NCAA12 > M12

Buying both titles this year. First time I have bought both NCAA and Madden in consecutive years since 2004 and 2005.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 04-29-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-29-2011, 05:17 PM   #50
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Madden still looks pretty cheesy IMO.
Really? How? Please elaborate!
Old 04-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #51
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

They are both getting my money and I hope they are both amazing games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 05:18 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
If everything EA said is true about Madden 12's presentation, gameplay, and franchise mode features then it will take the cake over NCAA 12 this year.

You can't beat the expanded rosters, cut days, new draft logic, FA bidding system like head coach 09. Thats not even the jist of what they are adding this year.

Don't get me wrong I love NCAA too, but the features in Madden this year (if it's true) will not be beat.
Yea if true Madden might be the better one. Madden is presentation looks great. But both Madden and NCAA havent talked about Commentary yet, which imo is important.
I will be estatic if both games are great. This is looking like a great year Football games
SO if both Dynasty/RTG and Franchise/SS is drastically improved, my free time will be consumed

Last edited by illwill10; 04-29-2011 at 05:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #53
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

It'll all come down to dynamic progression, for me. The main issue I have with Madden is that once the season starts, my team is my team (barring injuries), and nothing will really change. Rookies don't grow, veterans don't wear down, that kind of stuff.

In NCAA, the turnover is frequent enough that I'm interested in each player. In the dynasty I have going right now, I'm in my 4th year. In those four years, I have had a different starting RB each year. And each RB brought something different. That makes each season, and each game, very intriguing to me because they're important. This is the kid's only year as a starter!

In Madden, I don't see anything dynamic or changing. Sometimes, my team changes very little. I have to wait an entire year just to see if rookies progressed. I hate that. I want training camp, I want to see a player grow throughout the year.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #54
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
It'll all come down to dynamic progression, for me. The main issue I have with Madden is that once the season starts, my team is my team (barring injuries), and nothing will really change. Rookies don't grow, veterans don't wear down, that kind of stuff.

In NCAA, the turnover is frequent enough that I'm interested in each player. In the dynasty I have going right now, I'm in my 4th year. In those four years, I have had a different starting RB each year. And each RB brought something different. That makes each season, and each game, very intriguing to me because they're important. This is the kid's only year as a starter!

In Madden, I don't see anything dynamic or changing. Sometimes, my team changes very little. I have to wait an entire year just to see if rookies progressed. I hate that. I want training camp, I want to see a player grow throughout the year.
They stated that Madden will have dynamic progression this year where your players progress or regress based on their performance throughout the year, not just at the offseason. I want to see if it actually works though.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #55
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
If everything EA said is true about Madden 12's presentation, gameplay, and franchise mode features then it will take the cake over NCAA 12 this year.

You can't beat the expanded rosters, cut days, new draft logic, FA bidding system like head coach 09. Thats not even the jist of what they are adding this year.

Don't get me wrong I love NCAA too, but the features in Madden this year (if it's true) will not be beat.
I don't think you can say that the features in Madden this year will not be beat, considering what we know about NCAA

Gameplay: Basically the same upgrades for both games, they showed more of the sideline catches in Madden, but those were talked about for NCAA as well. They sound basically the same: Madden = NCAA Football

Presentation: Both games are getting more detailed presentations specifically introductions. One could argue that Madden has the slight edge on this just b/c of the number of teams they have to work on, and those blimp stadium shots are unbelievable. But we haven't seen all the NCAA intro's either and the upgrades in this department seem very similar to give an advantage: Madden = NCAA Football

Custom Playbooks: Both games will have this, great screens for NCAA on this can be found here. Madden = NCAA Football

Dynasty/Franchise: Madden gets expanded rosters, cut days, new draft logic, and FA bidding system. Is it really that out of the question that NCAA could get expanded rosters, spring game, new recruiting logic, and coaching carousel? To early to call on this one, we'll have to see what NCAA releases

For the most part it looks like both games are following VERY similar paths. Similar gameplay improvements, presentation improvements, both got custom playbooks. Given those it's likely to me that NCAA will have similar dynasty improvements like Madden and similar "Be a Pro" and RTG improvements as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #56
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4
I don't think you can say that the features in Madden this year will not be beat, considering what we know about NCAA

Gameplay: Basically the same upgrades for both games, they showed more of the sideline catches in Madden, but those were talked about for NCAA as well. They sound basically the same: Madden = NCAA Football

Presentation: Both games are getting more detailed presentations specifically introductions. One could argue that Madden has the slight edge on this just b/c of the number of teams they have to work on, and those blimp stadium shots are unbelievable. But we haven't seen all the NCAA intro's either and the upgrades in this department seem very similar to give an advantage: Madden = NCAA Football

Custom Playbooks: Both games will have this, great screens for NCAA on this can be found here. Madden = NCAA Football

Dynasty/Franchise: Madden gets expanded rosters, cut days, new draft logic, and FA bidding system. Is it really that out of the question that NCAA could get expanded rosters, spring game, new recruiting logic, and coaching carousel? To early to call on this one, we'll have to see what NCAA releases

For the most part it looks like both games are following VERY similar paths. Similar gameplay improvements, presentation improvements, both got custom playbooks. Given those it's likely to me that NCAA will have similar dynasty improvements like Madden and similar "Be a Pro" and RTG improvements as well.
I agree with most of this except presentation. Madden has the help of DCAM camera(used in Avatar) and 500 cameras used for the broadcast feel. I haven't heard of NCAA implementing this, yet. So, for me, Madden has NCAA presentation wise based on that information at this time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »