Home

Any word on new commentary..?

This is a discussion on Any word on new commentary..? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #9
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Any word on new commentary..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
Over-time they all get stale.
That's why I think they need several teams of announcers. If you had three announcing crews, all w/ varying differences in their commentary, it would make the game so much better.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #10
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

I don't play 2k11 ne longer, the commentary was straight tho.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I heard MLB 2k's commentary is great(probably better than the Show)
NCAA's problem(and MAdden) with commentary is that is it best suited for Play Now games. They dont really talk about Teams, current season, past, rivalary.
I would love for multiple commentary teams like NCAA Basketball had
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 01:59 PM   #12
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I heard MLB 2k's commentary is great(probably better than the Show)
NCAA's problem(and MAdden) with commentary is that is it best suited for Play Now games. They dont really talk about Teams, current season, past, rivalary.
I would love for multiple commentary teams like NCAA Basketball had
Here is a sample of nba 2k11's commentary for anyone who has never heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50xwJ8AIebY

Just another game proving that you don't need tons of announcers though that would take things to another level if done right. The trick is to keep the commentary from constantly repeating game after game.

The Shows commentary is nothing to write home about. They don't even sound like they are in the same zip code when they recorded their audio.

Last edited by Rules; 04-22-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #13
Banned

Koach Vonner's Arena

OVR: 0

My friends and I are mostly talking or listening to music when we play anyways so the commentary is not that big a deal. It could be a little better I guess. I know everyone was asking for dreadlocks, custom playbooks, and more team entrances so thanks EA for at least listening to us that much.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #14
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

The real problem with the commentary was that it wasn't personal and was too generic. What makes NBA 2k11 and MLB 2k11 commentary so good was the fact it was personal.

They talked about the stuff you were actually doing in the game. And when it came to the second half of the game they talked about what you did in the 1st half and what the defense needed to do in order to stop you. Then during the season they talked about how you did the last game and how you are doing today and over all how your season was going so far.

Hopefully they worked on this for NCAA 12.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koach Vonner
My friends and I are mostly talking or listening to music when we play anyways so the commentary is not that big a deal. It could be a little better I guess. I know everyone was asking for dreadlocks, custom playbooks, and more team entrances so thanks EA for at least listening to us that much.
It is an issue if you like to play offline at home without others hanging out. I must have missed the must have dreadlocks request as that is just as important as voting who is on the cover of the game. I know that played into whether or not I can show all of my friends those two must haves while we play in my parents basement after a night of twister.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 02:14 PM   #16
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
The real problem with the commentary was that it wasn't personal and was too generic. What makes NBA 2k11 and MLB 2k11 commentary so good was the fact it was personal.

They talked about the stuff you were actually doing in the game. And when it came to the second half of the game they talked about what you did in the 1st half and what the defense needed to do in order to stop you. Then during the season they talked about how you did the last game and how you are doing today and over all how your season was going so far.

Hopefully they worked on this for NCAA 12.
Exactly

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »