Home

Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO

This is a discussion on Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ideal Dynasty Mode And RTG IYO

For dynasty i would like it if when you took over a small school and had success you could expand the stadium.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:25 PM   #10
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2

I want to see more "hidden gem" type players. You know - those two or three star guys who go to a MAC school and just blow up. Think Dan LeFevour. They should be rare, but possible. The MAC regularly puts out high NFL Draft picks despite being filled with probably 90% two and three-star recruits.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
Rookie

parrish pinkney's Arena

OVR: 5

RTG- with the team entrance, but have you walk through the locker room, tunnel and field (looking from inside the helmet) but i doubt they will listen to me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrish pinkney
RTG- with the team entrance, but have you walk through the locker room, tunnel and field (looking from inside the helmet) but i doubt they will listen to me
RTG needs to get Presentation. Because right now and in the past it mainly relies on gameplay only. Presentation, commentary will make RTG more fun. Every other Be A PRo mode(beside Superstar mode) has commentary and presentation.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:37 PM   #13
Rookie

parrish pinkney's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
RTG needs to get Presentation. Because right now and in the past it mainly relies on gameplay only. Presentation, commentary will make RTG more fun. Every other Be A PRo mode(beside Superstar mode) has commentary and presentation.
yes!!! it get boring just running plays with no excitement, i couldn't finish a half of season because of the boredom smh
Old 04-22-2011, 09:42 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
yes!!! it get boring just running plays with no excitement, i couldn't finish a half of season because of the boredom smh
I play RTG alot but it gets boring quickly. The one thing that makes RTTS and My Player great is presentation(gameplay too). I never got bored because of presentation
Old 04-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs017
I want to see more "hidden gem" type players. You know - those two or three star guys who go to a MAC school and just blow up. Think Dan LeFevour. They should be rare, but possible. The MAC regularly puts out high NFL Draft picks despite being filled with probably 90% two and three-star recruits.
Agree 100%. I mean DeMarcus Ware played at Troy and TY Hilton at FIU will be in the league. It's not like there's a lot of these guys in the Sun Belt, C-USA, Mountain West, MAC, or WAC, but they're there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #16
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawson22
For dynasty i would like it if when you took over a small school and had success you could expand the stadium.
I like that. Like winning games brings in higher attendance, thus more revenue and then lead to expansion cool. Thats a nice vision but lets say you want to upgrade any team and not just small ones or even a teambuilder would be great

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
For dynasty, I really hope they fix recruiting and improve the poll ranking system.

First of all, more "diamond in the rough" recruits so the top 5 isn't USC, Penn St., Alabama, etc. Hopefully a MAC school will pop up in the Top 5 and be somewhat competitive. The CPU recruiting is horrible to put it honestly. They only recruit for need when they have seniors and rarely ever based on want. I looked through the team grades for during the preseason/week 1 of my OD in year 14 and the only A teams were 3 out of the 7 user teams (Texas Tech, Mizzou, USC) and there were about 15-20 B ranked teams and the rest were C's and D's. No team will rise and be competitive because the computer doesn't manage their depth charts very well and low tier programs will continue to get low recruits and the good programs have 7 85+ ovr QBs and 7 O-Linemen total.

The poll raking system is broken and it has no rhyme or reason why teams are ranked the way they are. My friend who is Texas Tech has an A+ team, recruits well and wins bowl games yet he is ranked 4? I'm Mizzou and I have an A team and I'm ranked 6. My friend who is USC could sign 70 walk-on and still be ranked #1 in the preseason polls, BTW he has an A ranked team but he is #1 regardless and never moves. The #2 ranked team is FSU, #3 is FL, and #5 is ND which are all B's. Style points don't matter. Strength of Schedule doesn't matter only W/L and the predetermined ranking system that put historically good programs up near the top. I don't get to vote in the Coaches' Poll? WTF is that all about? They player who is USC isn't a scrub but it gets old having him be #1 all of the time despite a lot of us playing harder competition and looking better while doing it.

Sorry for ranting...........
Haha you did go off on a rant but you'd did express what you do to the dynasty mode. Polls and in depth recruiting is a good add on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBFitted
dynasty mode wise...main screen would be a 1st person view from coaches desk in his office...office size and "glamour" changes with what school you are at...so if you start at texas in your online dynasty you will have a nice office..but if u you get fired and your next choice is say north texas...you will have a much more humble office. In front of you is the Cpu (menu) where you can do everything from. I would try and link up with youtube and even have a part of the menu where dynasty highlights can be viewed from their as well as inputing recruiting videos of athletes you are recruiting (using the RTG hs color/gameplay) template so you can view the type of plays your player makes, etc. I would also have about 20-30 people who are willing to give their rights to the game (probably enough espn people who will) to be alumni who return and give speeches before big games for certain teams (ie desmond howard for michigan)
I would have cut scenes pregame outside of stadiums showing the crazy fans in the parking lot or cheering outside with the college game day crew (even if you dont have college game day fully)
also player interviews at the end of games like on madden 11. field storming for upsets! players stepping off the bus....rosters you can export and import to madden from online dynasty
what i bolded is something nice and different. A better dynasty screen layout like in Franchise of some Madden a few years back, my memory is a little fuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
I never liked RTG, that mode was always a borefest for me.

Far as dynasty....

1. The ability to hire assistant coaches and training staff.

2. The ability to train your players every week and let it be a penalty for not training and a penalty for over training.

3. Let it be dynamic attendance depending on your current record and prestige level.

4. Some kind of beginning of the season tv show, mid season tv show and bowl game season tv show. With some type of weekend tv show or radio show talking about the game match up picks for the weekend, how the season is going, season leader, heisman watch etc. Currently it is way too much reading and that is lifeless and boring.

5. Have the cpu bench players that are playing badly and let the weekly tv show or radio show talk about it as breaking news with the head coach of that team holding some type of press conference explaining why he benched that player.

Man....smh I wish I was a game changer, my head is over flowing with ideas and improvements that could be done to all of EA sports games.
All of these would make dynasty alot more realistic or "immerse" the users.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubs017
Again a more in depth recruiting system. I remember there used to be a potential rating in the last gen, Does anyone remember that? That should be put back in and mix that with weekly training...and you've got your hidden gem. Nice idea.

Quote:
That would definitely take ALot of boredom out that game mode. Hey you never know they seem to be more involved with the community so you never know. They might have to borrow the helmet idea from 2k i remember that in 2k5 the inside the helmet camera view was cool in a "different" kind of way. It got annoying quick though. But having where your walking out onto your homefield and see someone wearing your jersey would be a nice sight to see. Imagine going to a hostile or away(for the kids) field an getting booed hahah. I like this for a future RTG add-on
YouTube: TBD

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »