Home

my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read)

This is a discussion on my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 06:09 AM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: my 2 Cents on EA and the next gen thing...(long read)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I do agree w/ your ideas and here's something I think EA should consider... Every year the game comes out in July. Why not take one year and get EVERYTHING in the game even if that means the game doesn't release until September?

Sure... some people would complain that the game isn't coming out at the usual time, but if they took a few extra months and made the perfect game, I think everyone would be cool w/ that. The following year could be spent refining and improving certain things.
Won't happen unless the bean counters at EA allow it. The game has to get out the door and make money.

That said, though I'm not expecting it, I wouldn't be surprised to see the game's released moved to the end of July next year, a la what Madden is doing this year, to better coincide with the beginning of the season, however.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:49 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
This is sad reading this,A muntant football game has highlights, but NCAA 12 still does not. Yet we all buy the game year after year. 3D grass is good, but whats the point when you have a sideline that looks like crap and no chain gang?
Dude, SHUT THE HELL UP ABOUT THE SIDELINES AND THE CHAIN GANG! Damn, you act as if that crap is a gameplay killer. If you don't like the damned fact that they don't have a chain gang, don't buy the damned game. Every damned post I read from you is about the goddamned chain gang. Shut up about the chain gang.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtyjrocks
I also would greatly enjoy the crowd rushing the field! I remember when I was 11 and I rushed the field and it was so exhilarating. Why not put it in the game?

That's not EA's call. It's actually the NCAA who told them they couldn't do it. They were gonna put it into one of the NCAA games, but the NCAA put the brakes on that one.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:56 AM   #20
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5000
That's not EA's call. It's actually the NCAA who told them they couldn't do it. They were gonna put it into one of the NCAA games, but the NCAA put the brakes on that one.
If true, then that stinks.... I have no clue how the NCAA could have control over something like that. Would you mind posting a link to wherever you heard/saw this? Thanks....
Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 AM   #21
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
If true, then that stinks.... I have no clue how the NCAA could have control over something like that. Would you mind posting a link to wherever you heard/saw this? Thanks....
Came up during discussion of (I think) NCAA 2004, I have no idea if such a link to said story still exists. There was a screenshot of goalposts being torn down, I think, but obviously that never made it into the final product.

But yeah, the NCAA easily and rightfully has control over how they want their product to be represented in a video game that licenses their product. Same reason you don't see overly violent injuries happen in NFL video games, or flagrant fouls in NBA video games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 07:04 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Came up during discussion of (I think) NCAA 2004, I have no idea if such a link to said story still exists. There was a screenshot of goalposts being torn down, I think, but obviously that never made it into the final product.

But yeah, the NCAA easily and rightfully has control over how they want their product to be represented in a video game that licenses their product. Same reason you don't see overly violent injuries happen in NFL video games, or flagrant fouls in NBA video games.
I also remember back in the 90's when the NHL threatened to take their license elsewhere if EA didn't take the fighting out of their hockey games.
Old 04-24-2011, 01:28 PM   #23
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black4track
This is sad reading this,A muntant football game has highlights, but NCAA 12 still does not. Yet we all buy the game year after year. 3D grass is good, but whats the point when you have a sideline that looks like crap and no chain gang?
The chain gang should ONLY be in the game if you're allowed to press A and skip it, unlike the first year it was in Madden. It slows down the game FAR too much.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 04-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #24
Rookie

hkwforAUTigers's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe

Thanks, interesting and disappointing stuff..... I never thought of the fact that I have never seen a flagrant foul or hocky fight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »