Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Preview with Ben Haumiller and Jean Adams

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Preview with Ben Haumiller and Jean Adams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2011, 11:30 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 4
im actually really worried from the last tackle in the video.....it looked as if we still have bowling pin tackling and the consecutive hits will not be implemented (at least very well) in this year's game. i still can't understand what is so hard about being able to hit someone even though they are already in a tackle animation with someone else. you can take the dreads back, the lighting, the entrances and everything else that is visual if i can get a realistic playing game.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:37 PM   #18
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Preview with Ben Haumiller and Jean Adams

Am I the only one that heard Ben say "we added a tackle button for the first time." I know past NCAA's had a tackle button. On the PS2 days it was the X button. I didn't use the hit stick until I moved to the PS3 with NCAA 08. One more thing being passed off as new that was from the old systems.

In a more positive note I can't wait to hear more. While the games looks keep improving, I'm hoping the gameplay keeps improving as well. I do hope they fixed the zone issues and really all coverage issues. It is hard to tell from screen shots. I also hope they didn't pull a NCAA basketball 10 in that they spent countless hours improving presentation and not enough time improving gameplay and making the dynasty mode have long term playability. It was nice to hear them say they hear the community but I don't buy that they try an put what we say into the game. Oh crap I was going to stay positive. Oh well heres to NCAA 12 is worth playing.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:44 PM   #19
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Am I the only one that heard Ben say "we added a tackle button for the first time." I know past NCAA's had a tackle button. On the PS2 days it was the X button. I didn't use the hit stick until I moved to the PS3 with NCAA 08. One more thing being passed off as new that was from the old systems.

In a more positive note I can't wait to hear more. While the games looks keep improving, I'm hoping the gameplay keeps improving as well. I do hope they fixed the zone issues and really all coverage issues. It is hard to tell from screen shots. I also hope they didn't pull a NCAA basketball 10 in that they spent countless hours improving presentation and not enough time improving gameplay and making the dynasty mode have long term playability. It was nice to hear them say they hear the community but I don't buy that they try an put what we say into the game. Oh crap I was going to stay positive. Oh well heres to NCAA 12 is worth playing.

yea i mentioned in another thread about that tackle button, that makes me very happy to hear it, just one button can do many different types of tackles. I dont like the hit stick unless im blitzing a QB or theres a WR just in the air asking for it. But this way no matter how close i am, my guy can at least make an attempt to knock the ball carrier around making him lose some momentum. I think the game will always be worth playing every year. just dont always expect too much. the less you expect the smaller chance you have of being disapointed
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #20
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I like most of what I see but there are a couple things. 1. the ball is still too big. 2. Making the secondary super slide to knock down a pass does not mean their intelligence is improved, it means the devs made it so the CPU can cheese to make it "more realistic" which is crap. If the guy is open, he is open.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:13 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 7
They added a dive tackle button, Like the square button on the PS2 Football games?? It's soo new!! They may need to get more than 3 people for mo-cap
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 07:37 AM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
Improved Zone Defense!
You mean faster Nano-Slide.
Guys are gaining 2-3 yrds with each side shuffle step.
Of course the Zone Defense seems like it's working.
There is still a lack of player momentum in the game. Players are too twitchy and aren't penalized for change of direction. The defender at the 1:55 mark bounces back and forth twice with almost no penalty. Acceleration just seems off with little penalty in change of direction. I really wish the dev team would have a player momentum option where we could make it heavier like the PS2 days. I still miss how the players moved from the old days when you couldn't cut on a dime and accelerate like a jack rabbit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Where is the momentum system in that florida state TD catch?

From what I see he should have been laid out, instead he knocks the defender over.
That looked odd.

Overall I like the improvements to the game and it looks like a day one purchase for me. But the player momentum still appears MIA to me. They took a small step forward last year but I wish you had an option to really boost the "locomotion" effects.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 AM   #23
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I think the greatest addition they could make for the 12 games is global sliders ability to tweak every slider, ratings from global stand point . Developers shouldn't care if someone wants to make a team or whole NCAA or NFL 99 rated players. just give us the option to make it so.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:08 AM   #24
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Very good video. Game is shaping up nicely... can't wait for the demo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »