Home

Accelerated Clock!

This is a discussion on Accelerated Clock! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #33
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Accelerated Clock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
So has this been confirmed or not? I'm hoping it's in.
I don't think its even been talked about by the developers. I'm hoping thats something we hear about in the future, as 15 minute quarters would be one of the few ways this game could improve my hype even further.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-19-2011, 04:30 PM   #34
The Hard Way

K0ZZ's Arena

OVR: 23

They need to find a balance between realistic stats and time. I don't like how it is in NBA 2K that you have to play a 9-12 minute game just to get average scores, yes it's nice to play a full 15 minute game but for a lot of people myself included, 15 minute games are a near impossibility but we still want realistic stats. The main thing I want is the defense to properly adjust to my offense without becoming god like. It seemed like last year the defense would either not bother playing and I would get some weird upsets or the defense would jump every route and fill every hole (the hole thing isn't too much of a concern, good defensive linemen can tell where a run is based on the way the lineman comes out of his three point stance). I don't think accelerated clock is a huge concern, not that I'd complain if it were in.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:56 PM   #35
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6

I'd love this and especially to be able to play 15 minute quarters and get realistic stats

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #36
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Not sure why it wouldn't be in this year. If my memory is correct, it's been in Madden for 3 years going on 4.

Come on EA/NCAA don't let us down.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 05-20-2011, 10:53 PM   #37
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I don't think its even been talked about by the developers. I'm hoping thats something we hear about in the future, as 15 minute quarters would be one of the few ways this game could improve my hype even further.
And going by EA's past history if they havent at least mentione it by now it isn't in...I am not keeping my hopes up for accelerated clock, multiple camera angles, or better cpu no huddle management..as neither has been mentioned yet..Ea will tout their good features up front then sort of wait until th last second to drop announcements of what didnt make it into the game(we just didnt have the time or resources but will be a priority next year line)...good marketing strategy but terrible for gamers looking for these long awaited features... But hers to hoping I am totally wrong and Ea reverses ship and breaks its old patterns..lol
Old 05-20-2011, 11:35 PM   #38
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagopax
They need to find a balance between realistic stats and time. I don't like how it is in NBA 2K that you have to play a 9-12 minute game just to get average scores, yes it's nice to play a full 15 minute game but for a lot of people myself included, 15 minute games are a near impossibility but we still want realistic stats. The main thing I want is the defense to properly adjust to my offense without becoming god like. It seemed like last year the defense would either not bother playing and I would get some weird upsets or the defense would jump every route and fill every hole (the hole thing isn't too much of a concern, good defensive linemen can tell where a run is based on the way the lineman comes out of his three point stance). I don't think accelerated clock is a huge concern, not that I'd complain if it were in.

Yeh if you find some good sliders (and hopefully with the zone D being better in 12 this won't be too much of a problem) but the best way to get realistic stats is to play 8-9 minute quarters right now. That will give you around 120 plays a game which is around the average for college football. That is the target goal for realism, of course you'll have the teams who throw it a lot getting up to 130-140 plays. If we could get an accelerated clock we might be able to play 15 minute quarters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »