Home

We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13

This is a discussion on We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2011, 02:02 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13

I found this video on YouTube from Bruce Carter (UNC) describing how to block a punt. If EA could put this in a game it could be huge... special teams can be a game changer and as it is now it is a game killer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPeEI-BEXCY

sorry i dont know how to embed. If someone does help would be appreciatve
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: We need blocked kicks/punts in NCAA 12 or 13

Totally agree with this. This is something that has needed to be fixed for years. It was like after EA put it in for NCAA '07 when blocks would happen on like every special teams play that they decided that since it was broken they would just take it out altogether.

The irony is that in one of the sizzler trailers for NCAA 11 it showed Alabama blocking a punt. That made me really excited because I thought they had finally fixed special teams play and put an emphasis on blocking punts and field goals. Turns out they hadn't. Almost makes me wonder if the player for that trailer was using some exploit because right now that is the only way to get blocks.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

Agreed. The probability for block punts definitely need to go up when back into the endzone.

It would be nice to see "off" releases from the holder as well, make the Punter jump or move if the snap isn't perfect.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Agreed. The probability for block punts definitely need to go up when back into the endzone.
It does, but it's still too low. The CPU actually blocked one of my punts when I was punting from the 3, so it does happen. They just need to find a balance, if blocking punts is possible with player skill and timing alone, people will train it up to the point where they can block pretty much any punt, so there still needs to be a ton of luck involved.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

I was thinking about this as well but if EA did start doing this I'm sure soon enough people would find a loop hole to explioit and being blocking kicks and punts all day long...

I mean really think about it how can you allow kicks and punts to be blocked but not enough to let them be abused?

^ Missed that post above my bad lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #6
Pro

Of course there would be mostly luck... i think maybe base it on who the guy is that's trying to block that guy. If the blocker sucks then that guy should get through at least one time in the game and not necessarily block it when he does but at least come close to it
Old 04-24-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN
I mean really think about it how can you allow kicks and punts to be blocked but not enough to let them be abused?

Let it be ratings based. Let it be completely based off the pass blocking and block shedding ratings. The way it is now, you can put QBs,WRs, and HBs on the block line and they can hold back defenders like they were a steel wall.

That is totally unrealistic that a 185 pound QB can pancake a 348 pound defensive lineman on a punt block or FG attempt line.

Special teams line interaction is totally scripted.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:19 PM   #8
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Ya but what if your going against a very weaker team and there blockers are horrid how would you control not blocking one everytime?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »