Home

Running the No Huddle after Incomplete Passes

This is a discussion on Running the No Huddle after Incomplete Passes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 32
Re: Running the No Huddle after Incomplete Passes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Then they need to at least fix the blatant misalignment by the defenders. The defense is hopeless in NCAA 11 after an incomplete pass.
Agreed. But don't dumb down or break the offense just because the defense needs work. I'm really hoping the new zone defense scheme will bring back the glory days of the Defense.

Las Vegas Raiders | Atlanta Braves | NCAA Football
Old 07-18-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 5

This is so stupid. I hate that they allow you to no huddle on dead balls, incomplete passes and when players step outta bounds. Very cheesy.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:18 AM   #11
Banned

BigMoneyAllDay's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
This is so stupid. I hate that they allow you to no huddle on dead balls, incomplete passes and when players step outta bounds. Very cheesy.
First off, no it's not cheesy, and second off, why did you need to bump this thread.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2013, 05:05 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by novadolla
Actually - thanks for bumping this. I agree with you 100%.

I am fine with teams running no huddle, as this is clearly a part of college football .

But - the pre-play controls in NCAA are terrible. Basically - during the 4-5 seconds while the CPU is lining up for the no huddle, the game doesn't allow you to do anything with respect to defensive playcalling. By the time the playcalling screen finally appears, you have no time to call the play - thus giving the offense a ridiculous "artificial" advantage.

When you play against a team that runs no huddle in real life, you go out at the beginning of a series with a gameplan. This simply can't be done in NCAA 14 because of the controls.

Every time a team runs no huddle - a screen with the defensive audibles should instantly appear on the screen - thus mimicking what coaches and captains do in real life. They certainly don't stand around waiting for 4-5 seconds before calling a play at the last possible second.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

As a note apparently the play calling lag is more extreme on ps3 than on Xbox. There are plays online where I get less than a second to switch my defensive play. If I could as much as audible during that time I'd be fine but as it is running no huddle and snapping right after you're lined up gives you an unfair advantage online.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »