Home

Game Flow in NCAA 2012

This is a discussion on Game Flow in NCAA 2012 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Game Flow in NCAA 2012

Apologies if this has been discussed, but does anyone know if last year's Game Flow feature from Madden will be an option in this year's NCAA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Game Flow in NCAA 2012

I have not seen it stated anywhere at this point, but they still have things to announce yet.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:03 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

god i hope it doesn't find its way in NCAA... same with strategy pad or we'll have another "SEASON SHOWDOWN" on our hands.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:04 PM   #4
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

gamebreaker!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Oh I hope it isn't. I sill just leave it at that.

I am really excited for the next details to be released. As I am sure most of you are as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

The idea of Gameflow is kind of neat because it brings in aspects of gameplanning, which is cool. However, I call plays based on what I'm seeing from the defense and what's working that particular game. I don't have 2-3 designated "3rd and short" plays that I run. I typically like to spread the field in that situation and then run a quick hitter up the middle, but maybe they're stuffing the spread runs and I need to get into a tight formation. Or, I might decide that I can get someone behind the defense and take a deep shot. Bottom line, I don't want the computer to call random plays from a selection, even if I'm the one who picked the selection of plays, because I simply don't know what the situation will be.

If EA really wanted to do something great with Gameflow, it should be a part of dynasty mode. On Sunday, you would study the personnel, statistics, formations, and tendencies of your upcoming opponent. Based on this, you would set up a gameplan for various situations both on offense and defense. Then, throughout the week, your team would practice these plays (with you being able to emphasize certain plays) and gain an execution bonus for that game. You would still be able to call any play you want in-game, but in those critical situations, you'd have your go-to-plays that you worked on all week ready to go. Also, if you keep going to the same plays in the same situations week after week, you might find that your opponents have read the scouting report and worked on a counter throughout the week.

Anything to help emphasize the "chess game" aspect of football would be a big plus to me. Of course, none of that matters if the play on the field and CPU play-calling AI isn't as realistic as possible. They have to get those right (or at least mostly right) first.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:47 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
Bottom line, I don't want the computer to call random plays from a selection, even if I'm the one who picked the selection of plays, because I simply don't know what the situation will be.
I don't play Madden. Is that seriously what gameflow did? It randomly chose plays for you? Could you at least turn that off in Madden? I'd really hate to have the CPU calling my plays for me.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 04-25-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42

Please no!!!!
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »