Home

Stroll Down Memory Lane: What are your fondest NCAA memories?

This is a discussion on Stroll Down Memory Lane: What are your fondest NCAA memories? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #33
Rookie

Dos Peninsulas's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Stroll Down Memory Lane: What are your fondest NCAA memories?

NCAA 06- the entire game. I don't even have a memory that stands out from that game it was so good. If my PS3 was backwards compatible I would probably be playing that still.

NCAA 03- Also another great game, spent a ton of time with it. One game I played will always stand out. I had a dynasty with LSU and was in a close game with Florida. They scored with six seconds left to go up 10-7. I figured the only way I could win was if I returned the kick-off, and that I did. I couldn't believe it, because a lot of the time if you try to return it you actually end up doing worse, but a giant whole opened and I won 14-10.
Old 04-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #34
Pro

44drob's Arena

OVR: 27

I remember playing Ncaa 05 w/ family and friends and always Banning playing w/ USC

GLORYERACLOTHING.COM
TRU2THA GAME
Old 04-27-2011, 08:47 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Remember seeing a screen shot of Northwestern in a gaming magazine (not sure if I knew of the internet at the time) and thinking I HAVE to have that game. It had to have been the first one on ps2.

One of my best memories was in college me and my roommate did a two team dynasty with created teams. I created the Brooklyn Bulls and my roommate created the San Grecco Pythons both starting off as C rated teams.

He would throw bombs to "O" reciever (he never remembered his name) and seemed to always have his QB win the Heisman and his WR runner up. I wouldnt put up the big stats but toasted him when we finally met in the Title game after 6 seasons.

SOoooooo many skipped classes and half ***ed papers written that year haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2011, 08:49 PM   #36
Rookie

yea dude, my ps3 also is not backwards compatible. When i lived with my uncle in VA beach for five months during an internship i left my ps3 at home and he still had his ps2 with NCAA 06.

I played that game and enjoyed it twice as much as the current games. Picking captains, choosing impact players. SI covers. Damn i miss those games haha
Old 04-27-2011, 09:00 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

kingkilla56's Arena

OVR: 31

I remember my first ever dynasty with the Syracuse Orangmen in NCAA 2004. Nobody could catch anything, recruiting intimidated me, and I loved every minute of it.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:31 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

NCAA Football 06

I was coaching a created school in Dynasty Mode and played against West Virginia in a non-conference matchup, was pretty much punch-for-punch the entire game (leads changed over and over and over and over and over again), and I ended up winning in 9TH OVERTIME on a deflected pass into the endzone on a 4th down. I remember jumping up and down and yelling as if I'd just won the National Championship...or a huge, classic win over an archrival From then on I considered West Virginia my school's archrival and scheduled them every season.

NCAA Football 07

This may sound weird for why its so memorable (my fondest memory actually )I was using the same created school and my school had become a perennial powerhouse, practically the definition of a dynasty. I consistently brung in top 3 recruiting classes, rarely ever lost, never ranked lower than 4-5 in the preaseason, and always competing for (and winning) the national championship. And then here comes Michigan, my next victim to embarrass on the national stage while I earn ed nth straight national championship. I did NOT take them lightly, but I did not anticipate the fight they'd give me. I got off to a quick start (14-0 on my first two possessions in the first quarter). I got another defensive stop (and let me by the way mention that it wasn't easy holding them scoreless up to this point, they had long drives), and on my 3rd possession I through an INT. That was the start of their rise. On the very next play (and I still don't believe this), they fooled me on a PA pass that I picked audibled to blitz on, the QB launched a pass over my head, all the way to a wide open receiver who took it to the house. The next possesion I got sacked on 3rd down (a rare occurence for my elite O-line) and had to punt. They ended up throwing a pass to the flats, got some great blocks, and after juking my diving tackle attempt with the last defender in his way, he took it to to the house. We go into halftime tied 14-14. It'd be a long time since I'd felt so threatened (and amazingly thrilling because of it) The second half felt like that West Virginia game. I came out doubly focused and determined to put the game away, but to my surprised (again I was used to running over teams), every TD drive was challenging, and until about 1/4 of the way through the 4th quarter, Michigan answered every one of them. It was blow-for-blow. Every TD answered, every defense stop matched. The key thing to remember here was that Michigan never lead, they just kept tying the game back up. Cut to around 4:00 remaining in the 4th. I'm a bit beyond the 50 yard line but just out of FG range. I go for it on 4th and 1. Again, my elite O-line gets overwhelmed by the Michigan D and I get stopped with a loss of a yard. That was Michigan's defining moment of the game. I'll never forget that, because they proceeded to grind right back down the field. I say grind because they mostly kept it on the ground and kept converting on 3rd down. I simply couldn't stop them. They march all the way down to a goaline situation (game is still tied). They tried to pound it in on 1st, 2nd, 3rd, stopped 'em every time. At this point I'm nervous because there's a little over a minute left on the clock and they have at least a FG shot. They come out in goaline formation again to go for it on 4th, I bring the house....and for the 2nd time, they toss one over my head, into the endzone, TD Michigan, they have the lead 42-35. I have about a minute left, resort to money pass plays to drive down the field, unfortunately with some mishaps (incomplete passes, tackles mid-field, running on a 2nd or 3rd and short. I manage to make it to a goaline situation and had 1 timeout. Run on first, gain some, stop. Run on 2nd, gain some, stop. Run on 3rd, TACKLE IN THE BACKFIELD FOR A LOSS. I call my last timeout and am like: "no.freakin'.way." With the loss I don't feel quite comfortable running on 4th, but given how they came after me on that last play, I call a PA pass for my last attempt. I cannot believe, after my ridiculous win streak across I don't know how many seasons and how many consecutives NCs (On Heisman mode, no less) that I've won after pretty much wiping the floor with teams, I have to score a TD on this next play, or it all comes to an end. Hike the ball, here's comes the (I think it was) the saftey on a blitz that didn't bite on the PA, make a feeble attempt with my pocket QB to evade while trying to find someone, but before you know it, the saftey has jumped on my back, I go down, game over. Michigan gives me my first loss in I couldn't tell you how many seasons, and for the National Championship no less. And it I think it was because of all that, their taking me down like that, on that grand stage, was just downright amazing, I mean it felt huge, and for being the loser, I felt happy for them.

It was the #1 ESPN Instant Classic. And I'll never forget it!

Last edited by OneOkami; 04-28-2011 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:51 PM   #39
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

I dont remember the year... But I had a freak FB (cpu generated) who was like 6'4" 285lbs and was like a 99 bloking, great speed and strength. He was basically the terminator. One of the few fictionaly cpu generated players i remember years later.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:03 PM   #40
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

All related to NCAA 2004:

Playing it almost every day my freshman year of college.

Running a two player co-op dynasty with Illinois with a buddy who lived down the hall in my dorm. We'd switch off playing QB by half.

Simming year after year dynasties just to do the recruiting with a group of 8 friends. We were all the 8 worst SEC teams so we had huge recruiting battles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »