Home

Expanded rosters?

This is a discussion on Expanded rosters? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #49
I Drink Like A Champion!!

yankeesgiants's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Expanded rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
NCAA 11 allows 70 players on a roster.
You can have 105 players on your FBS roster.The amount that can dress for road games varies conference to conference. The amont that can travel isn't a rule per say but more of administrative regulation to reduce costs. So some conferences it's 60 & others it is 70 Most dont even dress 105 at home to save costs as well.

Old 04-29-2011, 01:13 PM   #50
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

The fact Madden is stepping up to 75 almost guarentees expanded NCAA rosters. How else would you fill 75 men on a madden roster without expanded NCAA and draft?
Old 04-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #51
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
The fact Madden is stepping up to 75 almost guarentees expanded NCAA rosters. How else would you fill 75 men on a madden roster without expanded NCAA and draft?
increase the amount of players that are included in the draft classes? I don't think all the players that graduated were included in the draft class in past NCAA games, so they wouldn't need to expand rosters for that purpose.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
Although I hope it does, I don't think it makes it any more likely. All they have to do is take more players from NCAA each class. The way it is now there are draft worthy or at least restricted free agent worthy players in each senior class that don't get exported. All they have to do is include more players in the export. You figure 8400 players total in NCAA, that is approximately 2100 Seniors each year. They only export around 240 or so of the 2100 plus the early entries, to fill the 224 drafted players.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
Hopefully they keep it at 70.

Im sick and tired of players in OD recruiting 5* guys to come in and never play a down, and even cutting some that could start on 75% of the other teams. I cold imagine it significantly worse with higher roster numbers.
Although rare this does actually happen in college football. Teams like Bama, Florida... USC and Miami during their dynasties of a few years ago, etc will sign multiple 4 and 5 star players even when they already have talented players already at the position and because they are currently winning championships the players still sign there... then after a year or two a lot transfer to other schools or they just continue to compete and some just never play (Matt Cassel from USC a good recent example).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I often cut juniors who are rated equally to a freshman, if it comes down to it.
This should never happen. I'm not flaming you, I completely understand why you are doing it and I've been forced to do it also, but that is totally unrealistic and its the limited roster that forces us to make that decision.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:15 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbooty

This should never happen. I'm not flaming you, I completely understand why you are doing it and I've been forced to do it also, but that is totally unrealistic and its the limited roster that forces us to make that decision.
Amen! And it shouldn't happen. People don't get cut in college football unless it is a disciplinary reason. Whether it's law related or just work ethic related it is a punishment. They don't cut people by saying hey we loved having you but we got this freshman coming in who is good and you are going to have to go. I know you tried hard, but your just not that good. They instead eat that scholarship for the remainder of the time.
Old 04-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #55
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I don't see why anyone would really need to cut anyone if you don't over recruit. at most in NCAA 11, I had to cut 1 person.

do a lot of people just recruit 25 players a year just because they can?

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2011, 02:57 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I don't see why anyone would really need to cut anyone if you don't over recruit. at most in NCAA 11, I had to cut 1 person.

do a lot of people just recruit 25 players a year just because they can?
I'd bet the majority of people get as many players as they can every year. I only recruit for replacements of my seniors or if I have a glaring weakness.

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »