Home

Ball Size... fixed in Madden, what about NCAA?

This is a discussion on Ball Size... fixed in Madden, what about NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2011, 12:24 PM   #1
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Ball Size... fixed in Madden, what about NCAA?

They said that the size of the football has been fixed in Madden so it is now accurate. Any word on if this change has made it's way into NCAA. I saw some people try to say that they can't change it because all of the animations are done related to the size of the ball or some garbage like that but Madden clearly proves that to be untrue if theyre able to change it in their game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 12:37 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Ball Size... fixed in Madden, what about NCAA?

Judging from screenshots, no. But looking at some screenshots in Madden, it doesn't looked that changed either.

― Plato
Old 04-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #3
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Judging from screenshots, no. But looking at some screenshots in Madden, it doesn't looked that changed either.
i noticed it when they had the Vick in 11 and Vick in 12 side by side screens. You can notice it being slightly smaller. It never was that big of a deal to me but since i saw the Madden people mention it i thought i'd ask.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

not to sound rude, but would it make a difference to the game? now, if it will affect the gameplay or any other dynamics, then i'm all for it. otherwise, it's another of those wind socks on the goal posts cosmetic fixes that don't really mean much.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
in the comparsions(madden) they did look diff it wasnt as bloated. But in ncaa they may be letting Madden release all the goodies bc Madden was being very through in todays release.
YouTube: TBD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
not to sound rude, but would it make a difference to the game? now, if it will affect the gameplay or any other dynamics, then i'm all for it. otherwise, it's another of those wind socks on the goal posts cosmetic fixes that don't really mean much.
I suppose it could affect gameplay if defenders have to actually hit the ball to knock it down. A smaller ball could conceivably be able to get through a smaller passing window. However, we've all seen many instances in the past where the defender's hand doesn't actually touch the ball but still manages to deflect it. If this is still the case, then the smaller ball is purely cosmetic.

I'm much more worried about the ridiculous pass speeds and unrealistic trajectories than I am about the ball size, but if they can scale it down, I say go for it.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehud
not to sound rude but i never said it affected gameplay or would make a difference to the game nor was i begging for it to be changed. All i was simply asking is if it was changed or not since the Madden guys made a point to mention it was changed in their game.
Old 04-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
Rookie

stevensa08's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I suppose it could affect gameplay if defenders have to actually hit the ball to knock it down. A smaller ball could conceivably be able to get through a smaller passing window. However, we've all seen many instances in the past where the defender's hand doesn't actually touch the ball but still manages to deflect it. If this is still the case, then the smaller ball is purely cosmetic.

I'm much more worried about the ridiculous pass speeds and unrealistic trajectories than I am about the ball size, but if they can scale it down, I say go for it.
+1
I feel the same way, if they can change it, change it. If not, maybe next year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »