Home

GameStop and Best Buy

This is a discussion on GameStop and Best Buy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2011, 04:22 PM   #49
MVP

TrapStar215's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: GameStop and Best Buy

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Ok cool I'm all for beating the system. If I wanted the stuff in re first place.
As long as you leave the store with the product they cant deny you. You can leave, let the door close and stand outside for .5 seconds come back in and return it.

I've been buying new used games for the past month and just returning it in 6 days and when i'm done playing it return it for good and get ALL my money back.
"Okay, here's the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education... but that's okay. I know the street, and I'm making all the right connections. With the right woman, there's no stopping me. I could go right to the top."

Old 05-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #50
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't have a huge problem with these pre-order offers, as none of them are that big, and at least the "cheats" (recruiting advisor and 5* Prospect) have already been DLC. You still get the "full" game without either of these things or the Pro Combat jerseys.

Where this pre-order thing becomes a problem is in a situation similar to what Rockstar is doing with L.A. Noire. Gamestop pre-orders get one "exclusive" extra case, Walmart pre-orders get a different "exclusive" case, and Amazon and BestBuy each have a different exclusive character suit that gives a combat bonus. I'm okay with the bonus suits; that's the kind of thing that should be the pre-order bonus--something that might make the game easier for those who have it but won't take away content or limit the enjoyment of those who don't get it. The exclusive cases, however, make me really angry, because you can only get one, and this is game/story content that the developers have finished well in advance of release day. This is content that should be on the game disc--holding it back simply in an effort to increase pre-orders is terrible, and even if both episodes are eventually released as DLC, everybody is going to have to pay for at least one DLC episode to get the "full" game. This would be like EA only allowing you to play NCAA with teams from the AQ BCS conferences, and giving those who pre-order from Best Buy a code to unlock the Mountain West teams, order from GameStop for a MAC unlock code, WalMart gets the SunBelt, etc. The fear is that things could eventually get to that kind of situation.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:59 PM   #51
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Yeah it starts with minor things then evolves and turns into a problem. Especially when you have multiple retailers competing with one another to see who can offer the best pre-order bonus.

They're going to keep pushing the envelope and seeing how far they can go. Hopefully NCAA never gets to the point that LA Noire, or some other EA titles have gotten to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #52
Banned

SW Iowa Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTechsan
The only reason I preorder it is because when I go to get it at midnight, those who preordered get to go to the front of the line. And the sooner I get back in my car headed home, the sooner I get my grubby little hands. I'm like a hobbit heading back to the Shire for second breakfast when I get that game.
Is that true? I'm doing my first ever "Midnight Release" purchase this year.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #53
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Iowa Guy
Is that true? I'm doing my first ever "Midnight Release" purchase this year.
Yes, usually all store the have pre-order, will either have a separate line for pre-orders or make an announcement for those who have pre-ordered to come to the front and show their voucher. This is done for the slight possibility that if the stores run out the pre-orders will have theirs first and no complaints.
YouTube: TBD
Old 05-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #54
Banned

SW Iowa Guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_XaVo7o3_l
Yes, usually all store the have pre-order, will either have a separate line for pre-orders or make an announcement for those who have pre-ordered to come to the front and show their voucher. This is done for the slight possibility that if the stores run out the pre-orders will have theirs first and no complaints.
But isn't it also true that not all Gamestop locations do a midnight release?
Old 05-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #55
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW Iowa Guy
But isn't it also true that not all Gamestop locations do a midnight release?
True because not all areas support it...im pretty sure there's a little * somewhere saying "*In select stores." or something like that in the offer.
YouTube: TBD
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »