Home

Is there a way to make all seniors go to draft?

This is a discussion on Is there a way to make all seniors go to draft? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Is there a way to make all seniors go to draft?

'Cause it's pretty lame working with them just to have them disappear into darkness never to be used again

Last edited by av7; 05-01-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Removed slur
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2011, 01:17 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Is there a way to make all seniors go to draft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampagesamuels
'Cause it's pretty lame working with them just to have them disappear into darkness never to be used again
That's how real life is. Not all seniors play in the NFL. A very small amount of them do.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Last edited by av7; 05-01-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: removed slur
Old 04-30-2011, 08:10 PM   #3
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Would be really nice if the game showed who was going into the draft though. I would just like to know if my seniors went to the draft instead of just graduating.

Not big because I do not own Madden because of how bad it is but it seems like an easy visual to add, seeing as the game already "knows" who is going to the draft.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:16 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Would be really nice if the game showed who was going into the draft though. I would just like to know if my seniors went to the draft instead of just graduating.

Not big because I do not own Madden because of how bad it is but it seems like an easy visual to add, seeing as the game already "knows" who is going to the draft.
NCAA BAsketball had a small feature like this. It showed projections.
It would add depth to Dynasty. It would be a great "Little Thing",
The Draft is a big part of college draft.
For example. QB #12 from Stanford would have Top pick projection. QB #8 would have a 1st round projection
Old 04-30-2011, 10:42 PM   #5
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

This was last-gen, but I had a running back from Wake Forest win the Heisman as a junior, go pro, and not be in the draft. I looked for him everywhere, running backs, fullbacks, wide receivers, cornerbacks, etc. and wasn't there. Too this day I still don't know what happened.

But, a feature like that for seniors going to the draft would be cool, and projections on where they might go to would add a little something extra.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2011, 01:36 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Maybe Junior and Senior Players could have a little draft projection thing when you view them like Top Pick, Top 5, Top 10,Top 15, Middle-Late First Round, 2nd - 3rd round, 4th - 5th, 6th - 7th , and Undrafted and that way you could know if your seniors will have a possibility of being in the draft pool. They could also expand on talking to players about staying in school and it could be like recruiting and you could mention topics like them going late or being undrafted and improving draft stock. I think the formula for the projections could be something that involved Great/Good/Bad numbers for each position ,the stats the player put up compared to the numbers of the other players that year, the offensive/defensive styles of the school and Size rating like height x weight.
OKC Thunder
Old 05-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Sort of tangent to this topic: as I was watching the draft, I was thinking about how it would be nice if you could see what happens to some of your senior players (or early-declare juniors) after they graduate. The Draft is a sort of bridge between College and the Pros, so I think it makes sense to have even some small inclusion with the college game.

I imagine the ability to export draft classes to Madden still exists? But as someone who plays Dynasty year after year, not all those draft classes will be used in Madden, if any. So maybe this feature is only applicable if you choose to not export the draft class.

As such, I think a nice Dynasty addition would be small details about what Seniors got drafted (if any), and that ultimately would influence your school's grade at grooming professional athletes (the Pro Factory rating/pitch when you recruit guys). There could also be further tie-ins with the pro ranks, like maybe teams contacting you for info on the player(s) and maybe you could provide highlights and either recommend or not recommend them (tying in character issues that may be present).

Perhaps if any of your players were drafted in the first round, there would be a short video of them walking on the stage and accepting the jersey of the team that picked them. It would give details like Round drafted and by whom for any other players selected.

Players getting drafted, especially early-rounders, would be great publicity for your program and perhaps have other recruiting/financial benefits aside from improving your pro factory grade. Plus it would add a great detail and depth addition to the mode which really lacks such things. And for those recruits you groomed for four years since they were freshmen, it would be nice to see them move on to bigger and better things.

The Draft is a big part of the experience nowadays, and AFAIK Madden has not done much to include it as part of the Franchise experience. Regardless, I think it would fit in both games, even on a smaller scale in NCAA.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:26 PM   #8
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
That's how real life is. Not all seniors play in the NFL. A very small amount of them do.
Just because they are able to be drafted does not mean they will be drafted. I think the OP is saying that all seniors should have the opportunity to be drafted instead of the game deciding who appears in the draft and who does not. I agree with the OP.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »