Home

Game Clock

This is a discussion on Game Clock within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Game Clock

It might be too early to tell but i was wondering if anyone saw anything about the game clock like in last years madden where you could play real 15min qtrs with clock run off. I really hope this is in ncaa 12. Any idea?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #2
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Game Clock

I wish they would just fix the clock where it don't run a real life game time off. It doesnt fit 5min Q's online or off
Old 05-01-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
Rookie

Lavar's Arena

OVR: 3

This is one of my main gripes. I too like 15 min q's.

The cpu/ai has no clue about time of possession. Every team comes out of the huddle at the 30 second mark on the playclock, they normal snap the ball at the 25-22 seconds thus not using about 20 seconds, your lucky that this year they may fake hike every now and then.

I watched one of my dvd's the other day of Texas Tech vs Texas. Tech as we all know ran a no huddle aggressive pass system, yet even with the no huddle they still took their time to line up bark out signals and make adjustments. Not once did I see them snap the ball with more than 15 seconds on the play clock, alot of times it was under 10 before the snap. But in this game everything is a hurry up.

The no-huddle offense is usually employed as part of a hurry-up offense, but it is not necessarily an attempt to snap the ball quicker. Rather, the lack of huddle allows the offense to threaten to snap the ball quickly, denying the defending team time to substitute players and communicate effectively between coaches and players.

What the cpu/ai is running is a 2 minute offense not a no huddle offense there is a difference.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:39 AM   #4
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

why not have a realistic time run off, and just make the minutes per quarter longer for online games?
Or just have the option for the old style clock for online games, and a realistic clock for dynasty guys that want to run 15 minutes.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 0

Ya Im sure clock run off will be in the game I dont know how EA could miss this. I thought it was pretty cool in madden I guess well just have to wait and see cause I haven't heard anything on this subject yet. Keep your fingers crossed
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »