Home

The ability to edit ratings within franchise mode

This is a discussion on The ability to edit ratings within franchise mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #57
Rookie

Dmarzio's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHooe
Developers NEVER EVER copy-paste any significant code. Ever. That's one of the worst programming practices one can develop, and I doubt anyone at EA would even think about doing that. Looking at one section of code while writing another? Sure. Copy-paste as a fire-and-forget operation? Simply put, no.

Also, EA can't just pull days out of their coding schedule for free to add things in. I'm sure their time for managing a huge project such as NCAA is very tightly managed. Adding this is one day EA can't spend coding/debugging something else.

All that said, I'd again like to see player ratings within dynasty opened up to the end users for editing.
I understand that, as I'm a web developer myself, but I was under the impression that this was from a blog from some guy in the madden development team that was just testing to see how it would work. While I'm sure he didn't copy/paste code he surely used the function that was created for editing outside of franchise mode, which would mean he didn't have to write very much code himself.

That, however, wasn't really my point. I meant to point out that if this guy had the basic functionality working in 10 minutes, I see no reason why something that can have this much impact for very little development time wouldn't be worth shuffling the schedule around just a little. Honestly this should have been done years ago anyway.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:19 AM   #58
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The ability to edit ratings within franchise mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazey
If this is added, I would hope that they would put a notification message in online dynasty for any ratings changes that are made during the season.

I would be against editing ratings in an OD, but if it is in I want to know exactly what was changed, even if it wasn't for my team. I can most certainly see a commissioner in one of my OD's subtly editing ratings of his team as the year goes on and not telling anybody.
A notification system, and a voting mechanism would go a long ways towards preventing abuses from happening.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:24 AM   #59
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

Online Dynasty is a little trickier to figure out how to work this, but it should definitely be in for Offline Dynasty
Old 05-10-2011, 06:00 AM   #60
Rookie

Black4track's Arena

OVR: 2

Im not going to beat a dead horse, If some fool wants to make all their players 99 then so be it, I want to be able to reward and punish players on performace. Also height and weight should be open to edit like it used to be on the old gen. It also mattered as well.

Wasnt the rosters full editable in the old gen?
Dallas Mavericks
UT LONGHORNS
Old 05-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #61
Rookie

woody56's Arena

Hopefully can get the answer on this tomorrow
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »