Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - New Zone Coverage

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - New Zone Coverage within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2011, 02:45 PM   #33
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: New Zone Coverage Video

EA really needs to work on the transition animations. Way too much sliding and gliding over the surface which makes the gameplay look so arcade. Love the improvement on the zone coverage though, that was much needed.

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 05-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
EA really needs to work on the transition animations. Way too much sliding and gliding over the surface which makes the gameplay look so arcade. Love the improvement on the zone coverage though, that was much needed.
I agree, I noticed guys sliding all over the place like they were on ice. Also, I think guys are strafing and backpedaling WAY too fast. That is a huge problem that Madden and NCAA have been plagued with. WR will be sprinting down the field and the DB's will be easily keeping up with them in a backpedal.

Usually DB's only backpedal for 5-7 yards and rarely do they strafe so much like in NCAA. I don't know if the devs have any body on their team that has played defense, much less real football, and has had to study game film intensely. But if they did, they would realize these kinds of things.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:03 PM   #35
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7WDgH5yVVg

Watching now, will type in what I see after.

Skinny posts aren't money most of the time now.

Haumiller still says that TCU shut down the Wisconsin run game, which is apparently his opinion that most disagree with. Spends a good amount of time talking about the 4-2-5 though.

RTG and Dynasty announcements in the future (not that I even needed to post that.)

No huge, breaking news though. Just a lot of things that make the game look far better.
Giving up 200 yrds on the ground is not shutting down a running team.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 03:05 PM   #36
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Their turn and run animation is the WORST!! It's sooooooo slow!!

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #37
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
If you listen to what Ben says, he says: TCU shut down a heavy, high powered running team with it. {4-2-5}. He doesn't say they shut down the running game, he says they shut down the team who just happens to be a heavy, high powered running team.

And when you look at the 19 points Wisconsin scored... it's kinda hard to argue the point. I see what you're saying, I just think you misinterpreted his point.

Old 05-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #38
KOV
Rookie

OVR: 0

Players still seem to have that floaty look to em. Cool beans though, I'm used to it by now lol. Still cant wait for these games to drop.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #39
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkrptnt819
That was my point. Second time he's said that in a video.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Watching it a few more times, I'm starting to feel that they may have made zone coverage a little too strong. Won't know for sure until the game comes out, or from the demo, but a lot of routes that should work on a zone seem useless. If the HB in the flat route is gone, does that mean that zones will destroy a HB screen pass?
On at least a couple of the plays, there were better options than the throw that they showed. On the OSU-Oklahoma play, number 81 is open after the CB releases him. There's room for a completion, there. And on the FSU-Miami play, number 6 is open on a hook route.

It very well could be more difficult to pass against zone defense in NCAA 12, but the videos so far have shown us nothing to indicate that zone will be too strong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »