Home

Zone Defense Video in Slow Motion

This is a discussion on Zone Defense Video in Slow Motion within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Zone Defense Video in Slow Motion

I wonder if zone coverage ratings will mean anything or if everyone can super shuffle as they play zone.

This looks VERY BAD, however I play at the fast speed so maybe I won't notice the shuffling as much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosynostosis
Old 05-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 15

Also, for anyone that has not played football or any sports for that matter. Shuffling (or strafing whatever you like to call it) like that across the field is not something most athletes can do fast or even try to do. Shuffling is one of the most slowest ways a player moves (besides the obvious). Defensive players use shuffle when they want to be able to change directions quicker, i.e. LB's shuffle from side to side when they are reading the offense and must react quick and change direction. Shuffling isn't meant to move across the field 10-15 yards like in the video game.

The bottom line is that in that video it looks like they are using it to beef up zone and cover lack of AI, imo. I don't think it's cosmetic at all, just like khaliib said, it's like mirror the receivers routes. It gives the defense the advantage to make up for AI.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:12 PM   #11
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

I love watching the Oklahoma DB at :44 pass the WR off to the S while he rushes up to cover the flats... Even though he slides a bit, I find it beautiful.

I'm sure a lot of these "gliding" bugs will be gone by the time the demo comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #12
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib

Have not the community been asking for some type of "Momentum" to be represented in the game?
Did momentum based tackles already slip your mind?

You don't need to explain yourself, I see what you see, but thought that should be pointed out. Seemed to me you neglected to state that.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #13
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

looks fantastic to me
Old 05-03-2011, 09:27 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Did momentum based tackles already slip your mind?

You don't need to explain yourself, I see what you see, but thought that should be pointed out. Seemed to me you neglected to state that.
I don't want to speak for Khaliib, but I'm betting he meant some sort of momentum when the players are running. For instance, if a 250 LB is running and he suddenly stops, plants his foot, and cuts back the other way it's not going to be an "instant turn" like we see in the game if the it had some sort of momentum aspect involved with running. Other examples are the way the DB's are turning on a dime when they are covering the WR's.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #15
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

This follows along the lines of the movements just not looking natural. The running animations have always bothered me because they're just too robotic and stiff. I don't know that there ever will be a fix for these animations; something tells me they would have to rebuild from the ground up.

The gliding is weird as is it when guys turn at right angles. They just need to figure out a way to make the motions and interaction with the ground look natural, although the latter is an issue with all sports games (not sure why). It would help if players didn't move unless they moved their legs--this would fix the "gliding" issue. Part of it is just not taking enough strides or moving their legs enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #16
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21

this is the problem in the football community. They slow everything down so it doesnt look realistic and complain. If you play the game at normal speed the giliding doesnt look like gliding. Does it suck they glide? yes, but as long as i get a realistic playing game like last year i will be happy with it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »