Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #65
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Exactly why does it matter who does the motion capture shoots. I can understand if we're lookin for a specific animation that particular player does. It doesn't make sense to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Diving Catches and Bull Rushes

That bullrush animation is crap. Straight up. It almost never happens that way, especially from a defender coming from right over the line a yard away.

The line interaction in this game is so bad. It's laughable. Really. All this praise for that horrendous animation. OS never disappoints.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #67
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Exactly why does it matter who does the motion capture shoots. I can understand if we're lookin for a specific animation that particular player does. It doesn't make sense to me.
It matters bc we want this game depicted realistically. From the looks of the the mocap vids past and present, these guys don't even look like athletes let alone football players. And that is where I think the problem lies.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:12 PM   #68
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith121212
That bullrush animation is crap. Straight up. It almost never happens that way, especially from a defender coming from right over the line a yard away.

The line interaction in this game is so bad. It's laughable. Really. All this praise for that horrendous animation. OS never disappoints.
Well I wouldn't say it is Horrendous bro. But I thought about it as I watched a few times. That I remember they are just showing off the bullrush right now. I'm sure the olineman ain't going to bowl over like that in the game. This is just mainly showing off the animation in the game. I'm sure they will sooner or later show off the olineman trying to block the bullrush. It's better to wait and see a full gameplay video before jumping the gun on this new animation they add onto the Dline and all.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #69
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
Well I wouldn't say it is Horrendous bro. But I thought about it as I watched a few times. That I remember they are just showing off the bullrush right now. I'm sure the olineman ain't going to bowl over like that in the game. This is just mainly showing off the animation in the game. I'm sure they will sooner or later show off the olineman trying to block the bullrush. It's better to wait and see a full gameplay video before jumping the gun on this new animation they add onto the Dline and all.
That was my thought exactly... Who wants to watch a failed bull-rush animation a dozen times?
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 05-04-2011, 08:24 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
It was probably shown on Freshman difficulty like the Hillis video. They most likely boosted the DLine rating and decrezsed the oline rating.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

These videos are meant to show off the animations smoothly, so we're going to see the defensive lineman dominate and the WR's have great athleticism and hands. Like will said, the Hillis video was just like this. They aren't going to show the animations failing or the average play when showing the game off.

And watching it again and just focusing on WR routes and coverage, it looks very very good.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
These videos are meant to show off the animations smoothly, so we're going to see the defensive lineman dominate and the WR's have great athleticism and hands. Like will said, the Hillis video was just like this. They aren't going to show the animations failing or the average play when showing the game off.

And watching it again and just focusing on WR routes and coverage, it looks very very good.
agreed.
To hardcore fans it is a great animations, but it may seem to see abused and over done.
To casual fans they would be sold.
They are trying to sway the casual into being sold and trying to assure hardcore that "we are listening".
So I doubt it would have 5+ times a game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »