Home

Impact Players

This is a discussion on Impact Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 10:21 PM   #17
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Impact Players

IMO the impact players should be on a national level instead of per school. Maybe they could do something for all-conference players and all-american players.

Instead of having players that aren't very good playing better than they should it would have good players making big plays. Right now impact players break more tackles than other players, rarely miss tackles, and catch everything. That is good when you are playing USC, but when you're playing UTEP it shouldn't be like that.

Anyway I just think it would be cool to see some kind of recognition for players that are good on the national stage instead of just the best 3 players on whatever team.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:45 PM   #18
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catamount53
That is good when you are playing USC, but when you're playing UTEP it shouldn't be like that.
And why not ? Just because they go to a smaller school ? That is the problem with the NCAA series now. They got All Americans with 50 awareness simply because they go to Akron, WKU, EMU or NIU.

But yet they got freshmen who never did a thing with 88 awareness simply because he is at Alabama, Ohio St or Florida.

All American is an all american. Just like an impact player is an impact player.

I am tired of players being PENALIZED because they go to a smaller school.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:47 PM   #19
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
And why not ? Just because they go to a smaller school ? That is the problem with the NCAA series now. They got All Americans with 50 awareness simply because they go to Akron, WKU, EMU or NIU.

But yet they got freshmen who never did a thing with 88 awareness simply because he is at Alabama, Ohio St or Florida.

All American is an all american. Just like an impact player is an impact player.

Thank you. Couldn't have said it better myself.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-04-2011, 10:50 PM   #20
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

Umm the first thing I said was that the all conference/ all american players should be the impact players. I don't like the idea that a team that may not have any good players somehow has impact players that can do no wrong. Sure every team has a player they turn to in difficult situations, but that does not mean that player should be dominant against other teams.

The main thing is that it would make the great players stand out more no matter what team they're on.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:31 PM   #21
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Umm the first thing I said was that the all conference/ all american players should be the impact players. I don't like the idea that a team that may not have any good players somehow has impact players that can do no wrong. Sure every team has a player they turn to in difficult situations, but that does not mean that player should be dominant against other teams.

The main thing is that it would make the great players stand out more no matter what team they're on.

IMHO he is correct...
12' 12-4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 11:43 PM   #22
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Even "bad" teams have their go-to guys.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Old 05-04-2011, 11:50 PM   #23
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart#28
IMHO he is correct...
Maybe I didn't make it clear enough then. I think the "impact player" designation should go to good players not just the best players on a particular team. Right now impact players play better than the rest of the players on a team, but that doesn't make sense for a team that has multiple all conference players or all americans. Also, a problem I have with the current system is that decent players on bad teams are designated as "impact players" when they really are not very good.

I'm not saying that players at small schools cannot be good. I'm just saying that the good players should be designated as "impact players" because they are good, not just because they are the best on a particular team.

My whole opinion stems from the fact that once a player is designated as an impact player they play better than before and in general break more tackles, dont miss tackles, and are much harder to deal with. Just because a bad team has a decent player as their go to guy doesn't necessarily mean that player is good.

Anyway thats just my not well thought out observations from the game. I'm interested to hear peoples ideas about the idea in general (good players are impact players vs. the best players on a team are impact players) not the exact specifics.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:52 PM   #24
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

I wouldn't be opposed to a system where team captains, the leaders of the team, kind of take over the current impact player role of giving a morale boost when they make a big play or have an impact on team discipline.

I would not be opposed to making all Americans and all conference guys the impact players except aren't they normally announced when the year is over?
It would be problematic if most of the all Americans from last year graduated because they were seniors leaving none for the next year, or would that be considered a problem? I do feel the way the game assigns all American status would need to be reconsidered since it sometimes gives it to my 3rd string WR who has never made a catch in his life as opposed to somebody more worthy on another team or even my own team. These impact players could also give a morale boost when they make plays? I do think the all American status and impact player status should be assigned based on stats from the previous year and not overall. Would you guys disagree?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »