Home

Impact Players

This is a discussion on Impact Players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2011, 05:12 PM   #1
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0
Impact Players

Impact players, I believe there is a max amount of 3 per team correct?...Can a team have less then 3? IMHO there should be no MIN or MAX if a player is a stud he is a stud, why couldn't a program 4 or 5?
12' 12-4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Impact Players

Impact players are more than just stud players. They're the guys who are the leaders of the defense/offense. And since they help your team get motivated, having too many would throw the whole system out of sync.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #3
Rookie

DCDuck's Arena

OVR: 4

I think they're the "go to guys", the "playmakers", if you will. If you're down by 5 and it's 4th and 3 at the opponent's 20-yard-line, the Impact Player on offense is probably going to get the ball.

I wish you had some say in who your impact players were, though. Playing a Dynasty where I basically ran Ralph Friedgen's run-the-ball-50-times-a-game offense was kinda frustrating when my two Impact Players were both WRs, even though my HB was 92 OVR and just ran for 1300 yards the previous season.
- "Passing? What's That?" since 1984.

Skins Fans against Dan Snyder
Old 05-04-2011, 05:23 PM   #4
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Basically if you have more then 3, then it would be like playing with a pro bowl team. Besides for the past 2 years, impact players didn't add any bonus to team morale at all.

Unlike in the past, impact players would get hot or cold, then that would effect the colletive morale of the offense or defense.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:33 PM   #5
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0

I guess what I would like to see is a tweeking of the system I don't want it to be ridiculous or a "All Star" team...And don't completely understand of the value of "impact players" and how they respond...
Some thoughts
A-I think a coach should be able to pick out his 3 players, like someone mention in the thread
B-Is an Impact player for Idaho effected the same as an Impact player for Alabama?
C-A team like USC or Florida could very easily have 4 or 5 that are not impact players for them, but would be an Impact players for a team with lesser talent, so why shouldn't they have Impact value for SC/FL?
12' 12-4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #6
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

@C: Just like DCDuck said, Impact Players are basically Go-To guys. Teams don't have 3 or 4 guys on one side of the ball they look for to make a play when it's needed. Even if someone is a 92 overall, if a team has 3 guys better than him, he's just going to be an outstanding role player who has the ability to get the job done, but not the pressure of being that go-to guy.

But I do agree that we should get to pick our impact players.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-04-2011, 05:43 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Well in the past on the last generation of systems impact players were game momentum swingers.

When you did a big play with one of them, they got hot and the momentum swung in your way, which meant you were more likely to break more tackles for a big run or more likely to cause a fumble or interception on defense.

However if you missed a tackle or dropped a pass with an impact player, they got cold and the momentum swung in the direction of the other team

Which meant your team would be more prone to fumbling, throwing, Interceptions and missing tackles.

Last generation momentum was way more prevelevant in the game. I remember back in the day the screen would shake, controller would vibrate, play was severely effected.
Old 05-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 32

I have been meaning to ask this question for a while:

Has anyone noticed if your impact players change based on their performance? In other words, a player starts out the beginning of the year as an impact player and registers poor play throughout. Does he lose impact player status? I swear I saw my impact players change in the earlier releases of NCAA...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »