Home

Players with low ratings putting up good stats

This is a discussion on Players with low ratings putting up good stats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #9
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Players with low ratings putting up good stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnalnirvana
i hear you on this, but thats just how games work under user control. in uncharted 2 i eliminated what seemed to be an army by myself before i completed that game.

i dont see a way to accurately show inexperience of young players, in nba2k11 MY PLAYER i am a 49OVR and still get 20 and 10 every game, sometimes it turns me off but thats how games are it seems.

in superstar mode if they had a touches rating based on AWR then you may get real/limited stats
I think ratings matter so i'm not saying they don't because I turn the corner and get a 20 yard gain alot better with a HB with 95 speed as to one who has 87 speed. Sometimes the dropoff may just be a little bit when the player isnt as good. I was just wondering if everyone thought it was wrong of it was just my system always putting out good HB's. As Its not really as issue for me at QB or WR.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
Rookie

Dmarzio's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumj
Agree! AI is terrible at recognizing anything. You can run the same play 90% of the time and the computer will still be fooled. Injuries are bad on the game too. There are tons of injuries every game to every position, they just usually are not 7 week injuries. A lot of nagging things like turf toe stay with guys throughout the whole season. And stamina is a big problem in the game. O-Lineman are cycled through on most every team. Some teams have as deep a rotation as 10. Others less, but there is not one player who takes every snap in a game on the O-Line/D-Line/LB/HB/WR, basically except QB, for the most part. And if it is he is in hell of shape. Or they are very weak at the position, and in those cases fatigue effects the game.
The problem with this is we have a 70 man roster limit, so you can't carry enough lineman to have a realistic rotation at all the positions. I agree that fatigue is done very poorly on lineman in particular (on both sides of the ball). For the most part the RB gets fatigued correctly and will auto sub out if you set it up right.

However, for D-Line for instance, unless you are actively controlling the player on every play and using the sprint function they don't wear down at all. I think in real life the D-line rotates more than the O-line does, but it would be cool if they both worked like they should.

Back to the OP's question:

I think there is definitely something to be said about "system" players that perform more due to the system than in spite of the system. I think this could be tied into the style of offenses that we have. An air raid offense with a great QB is going to put up record statistics, but even if they don't have a great QB they will still put up better passing stats than a QB in a power running offense.

I think this is portrayed already to some degree in the game. You'll see the Ryan Mallets and the Case Keenums of the world put up pretty high numbers in the game, while the Joshua Nesbits of the world did not. I think it can be done a little better for the HBs like you said though.
Old 05-05-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarzio
The problem with this is we have a 70 man roster limit, so you can't carry enough lineman to have a realistic rotation at all the positions. I agree that fatigue is done very poorly on lineman in particular (on both sides of the ball). For the most part the RB gets fatigued correctly and will auto sub out if you set it up right.

However, for D-Line for instance, unless you are actively controlling the player on every play and using the sprint function they don't wear down at all. I think in real life the D-line rotates more than the O-line does, but it would be cool if they both worked like they should.

Back to the OP's question:

I think there is definitely something to be said about "system" players that perform more due to the system than in spite of the system. I think this could be tied into the style of offenses that we have. An air raid offense with a great QB is going to put up record statistics, but even if they don't have a great QB they will still put up better passing stats than a QB in a power running offense.

I think this is portrayed already to some degree in the game. You'll see the Ryan Mallets and the Case Keenums of the world put up pretty high numbers in the game, while the Joshua Nesbits of the world did not. I think it can be done a little better for the HBs like you said though.
Yah Agree 100% on the roster limitations contributing, but have talked about that in many other threads. I would also agree with DL being subbed. Even the great Suh came out of the game. We had little depth his senior year and played the start 4 dl almost every down, but he did get a breather 2-3 times a game in non critical situations. And that is the extreme case when you have a dominating d-line and no depth behind it. You have to manually sub and DL to get backups in on the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 05:17 PM   #12
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't even think the 75 man roster limit is the reason honestly. Even then you can have a two-deep rotation on both sides of the ball. The real issue is EA just doesn't acknowledge that linemen rotate in and out of games.

An 85 man roster is unnecessary on this game just off of how little injuries play a role and how easy it is to just plug incoming freshman in. I've personally never really been in a situation where I felt I didn't have enough spots.
Old 05-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I don't even think the 75 man roster limit is the reason honestly. Even then you can have a two-deep rotation on both sides of the ball. The real issue is EA just doesn't acknowledge that linemen rotate in and out of games.

An 85 man roster is unnecessary on this game just off of how little injuries play a role and how easy it is to just plug incoming freshman in. I've personally never really been in a situation where I felt I didn't have enough spots.
I agree you can survive without 85 man rosters, and don't have to sub, but it doesn't mean they are unnecessary. I plug every guy not redshirted into my formation subs at least somewhere, be it special teams, or plays. But instead of using my #4 wr on ST I wanna be able to put my 80th player overall who only plays special teams. I guess I am a stickler for realism. And I know there are tons of other issues within the game to prevent it, rosters to me is my number 1 concern. I spend more time tweaking those then I do playing games.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #14
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

I think the problem is, is that their are too many rating that are purely AI based. So the difference between an 85 and a 75 is not really the throw power and throw accuracy, but awareness. The other problem is that a ten rating difference in QB rating is not very obvious.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

because your controlling a player with helecoptor view and can see all 21 other players on the field, thats why.

point is, in the end, this is a video game, there are aspects of the actual sport that will NEVER be captured or simulated as long as a human player is controlling the player from a helicoptor with a controller.

just applaud yourself for being a good player, or up the difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
I think the problem is, is that their are too many rating that are purely AI based. So the difference between an 85 and a 75 is not really the throw power and throw accuracy, but awareness. The other problem is that a ten rating difference in QB rating is not very obvious.
I like NBA2K how does it. There are different animations for certain ratings. You wont see a SF with 70 Dunk pulling off Lebron James type dunks and you wouldnt see Derek Fisher pulling off Derek Rose type ball handling.
With EA football there isnt a variety of animations that are assigned to a certain rating. Every RB with Juke over 80 has the same juke animation, some of them might not be a smooth but it is the same animation.
What is the difference between 99 Speed and 96 Speed? Unless you have the Speed Diferential slider at 0 there isn no difference

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »