Home

VT Hokies 2011 Roster as Case Study on How Closely Video Game Players Match Real Ones

This is a discussion on VT Hokies 2011 Roster as Case Study on How Closely Video Game Players Match Real Ones within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: VT Hokies 2011 Roster as Case Study on How Closely Video Game Players Match Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequick135
someone said the hard copy came out and had them at 7, fsu 4
Lucky number 7! When you count Miami I think this would mean three top 15 ACC teams. Could this be the year of ACC?
Old 05-24-2011, 07:27 PM   #74
Pro

Re: VT Hokies 2011 Roster as Case Study on How Closely Video Game Players Match Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.a.sick
Ha, Warren Piece! I get it!!! I'm so slow. Carry on...
When I tried to get Warren Piecee on Twitter I found out there is an actually person with this name who lives in the U.S. I am sure the guy has had to deal with teasing his entire life.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:30 PM   #75
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequick135
cardo was hurt for the spring and leal played.. if they base it off of how they looked in the spring it'd go to leal being #3
I think it is a tough call as far as what EA will do in this situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2011, 08:46 PM   #76
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
Did their magazine come out and I haven't seen it? They're only on 9 on their countdown, which was Ohio State.

And @ poster who said Leal was number 3: Spot on. Beamer says Leal is going to challenge for the number 2 spot as well, and it's a closer race than people think. Could be a ploy to get in JuJu's head, but still.
It is something to think about.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:54 PM   #77
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Isn't just giving a player an OVR pretty useless? I could say that RB #2 for Florida is Jeff Demps because I think he should have an 85 OVR and RB #2 is 85 OVR in the game. But in the game, RB #2 could be 85 OVR, but he's super slow, all trucking and not elusive, and have the best passing ratings in the game, just that the combination of low running ability plus high awareness lands him at 85 OVR. If that's the case, then RB #2 is not Jeff Demps because Jeff Demps is a track and field running back, not some heavy bruiser with freakish throwing ability.

If you want this to be even remotely viable, you would have to look at players, adjust their measurable so that NCAA ratings relate, and even then it's a crapshoot how EA decides to rate them anyways.
I created all of the players within the game. The game computed the OVRs. I have discussed some ratings other than OVRs elsewhere in this thread. I will compare ratings other than OVRs in addition to OVRs when the game is released. I do not have the time to post complete ratings for all players.

I do believe that OVRs are a good measure of a player'e overall talent.

Keep in mind how the game handles jersey numbers, heights, weights and home states. These are all clues to which virtual players match actual players.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:28 PM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
The reason nobodys doubted you on Coale is nobody has a clue as to accurate ratings... it's all bbut a crapshoot.
I do not think ratings are any where close to as being as random as you think. I also think it would be wrong to conclude that the game rates players just as Madden does. It is just where on this spectrum that the truth lies that I am attempting to discover.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #79
Pro

I wish to make a correction. Tech's offense was actully rated an A in last year's game
Old 05-26-2011, 10:54 PM   #80
Pro

Another magazine picked Virginia Tech at No. 7.

Last edited by Warren Piecee; 06-13-2011 at 10:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »