Home

Favorite play to convert on 4th and in.?

This is a discussion on Favorite play to convert on 4th and in.? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2011, 12:11 PM   #41
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Favorite play to convert on 4th and in.?

I like to go Pistol 3-wide Trips to spread the defense out and then pound it up the middle. However, if the defense has a bunch of people in the box, I'll go with a bubble screen. Those plays don't usually go for much, but I can almost always get a yard or two out of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 12:24 PM   #42

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

If you're looking to mix it up with a conservative play which if called against the right defense could result in a big gain: I-TIGHT TIGHT END SHAKE and hit the running back out of the backfield just as he makes his pivot move upfield towards the LOS. If he isn't open, the tight end running a very short drag route is the second read.

It is a good high percentage pass that works just like a running play. Sometimes it'll get stuffed, sometimes it won't. It works just like a screen pass and looks beautiful when you time in right to the running back.

If the defense is blitzing to that side, you may be able to get a good 20 yards out of it sometimes. If they aren't, you should be able to power or do a spin move to get at least a yard or two. It is one of my favorite short yardage pass plays.

The "swing screen pass" is also a good short yardage pass play. The Saints use it in real life and it is in the playbook I used, Syracuse (whose head coach used to be the Saints' O.C.).

COACH GEEZY IN THE BIG EASY PART III: LEGACY | FROM BOURBON ST. TO THE BAYOU
Old 05-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #43
MVP

PaperBoyx703's Arena

OVR: 22

I run a Four spread vertical and cheese my way for a TD! Forget a 1st DOWN!!!

In all seriousness though I usually call a speed option out of the I formation to avoid the DL glitch flying through the line untouched. And It almost always works with D-Rob.
YouTube: TBD
Old 05-09-2011, 08:27 PM   #44
Rookie

nighttrain32's Arena

OVR: 5

Goal Line - HB Toss. Usually people see goal line and think between the tackles but I go outside the first time to loosen them up. It works well for me.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:11 PM   #45
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain32
Goal Line - HB Toss. Usually people see goal line and think between the tackles but I go outside the first time to loosen them up. It works well for me.
This. Or the power O out of the goal line formation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 09:43 PM   #46
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Boise Hook and Ladder.... but really usually Goal line FB dive, if my OL has been torn up then either a toss or even a play action roll out to the wide side of the field.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 2

can't remember the name but I think it goes something like "fb fake HB toss" where you fake the handoff to the fullback and pitch it to the running back. Dirty play but it is really reliable in those situations (if a DE of LB isn't waiting)
Old 05-10-2011, 12:38 AM   #48
Rookie

cbass63's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetarguy
can't remember the name but I think it goes something like "fb fake HB toss" where you fake the handoff to the fullback and pitch it to the running back. Dirty play but it is really reliable in those situations (if a DE of LB isn't waiting)
That play is sick, gotta use the fb dive previous to sell the fake..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »