Home

Dynasty Team: Mid Tenn State Univ.

This is a discussion on Dynasty Team: Mid Tenn State Univ. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2011, 02:05 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 26
Dynasty Team: Mid Tenn State Univ.

In anticipation for NCAA 12 I am wanting to get some feed back on my dynasty team choice.

I am wanting to use MTSU since they are a 1 star school and Take and make them into a powerhouse! I do not know much about them, but I think it will be a great challenge

Also, What type of Offensive and Defensive scheme should I run?? What would be a good fit??

Would they be a good choice or is their another school you have in mind??

Talk to me OSers

Last edited by Trakan31; 05-09-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Dynasty Team: Mid Tenn State Univ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakan31
In anticipation for NCAA 12 I am wanting to get some feed back on my dynasty team choice.

I am wanting to use MTSU since they are a 1 star school and Take and make them into a powerhouse! I do not know much about them, but I think it will be a great challenge

Also, What type of Offensive and Defensive scheme should I run?? What would be a good fit??

Talk to me OSers
It sounds like a good idea, but it will take alot of (dynasty) years to do it.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #3
Pro

Yes I know it would.....but thats the idea is i want to have to work really hard for it. I dk where I would start, Maybe have a weak schedule for a few years, then for recruiting try to get a decent QB and RB then just build a hell of a defense! What would be my best options?

Old 05-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Yes I know it would.....but thats the idea is i want to have to work really hard for it. I dk where I would start, Maybe have a weak schedule for a few years, then for recruiting try to get a decent QB and RB then just build a hell of a defense! What would be my best options?
Don't underestimate the importance of a good K/P as well. IMO it's the one other position on the field (other than QB) where they can single handedly change a game.

If you have a kicker that can rattle off 50 yard field goals it changes the way you look at the field in terms of where you need to get. Field position changing punts are huge as well.

Running backs when in the open field can be HUGE playmakers, but they rely on their offensive line for true effectiveness. If your Mid Tenn St. line is all rated in the 60's and you're playing a team with DE's/DT's in the 80's and 90's that stud running back won't be finding many holes and will be having to make his first move in the backfield.

This is the order that I take when trying to build a program:

1. Gamechangers: QB's and K/P - recruit a QB every year and K/P every 2-3 so you can redshirt them before they have to play

2. The Trenches: Recruit multiple offensive and defensive lineman. Even guys that are 1-2 stars coming in can be effective by the time they are redshirt seniors, you just have to build depth (would be huge if they expanded rosters!)

3. Defense - Focus on filling in other positions on defense. I usually try to get 1 really solid linebacker and then 1 really solid safety in the hopes that they can compensate for the CB's and other LB's. Obviously you want to add talent there, but getting 1 solid player at each level is key

4. Running Backs/WR's/TE's - usually pretty easy to pick up an RB or WR, so just pursue ones that have you as their #1 school until you start to build up the program. If you have a solid offensive line even a 60 rated RB can get yardage. You won't have a back or receiver who is going to bust a 70 yard TD, but guys that are effective in an offense

With the game set up the way it is you have to over recruit and then cut guys. Ideally you will be able to pull in better and better prospects from year to year so you might have to cut guys from previous years. This would be different if there were full 85 player rosters, but at 70 you really are only able to pull in about 14 players per class if you are redshirting your freshman.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

Talk to me OSers
I played a dynasty with them in '11 and by year 3 I was a 3 star school and a BCS contender. The deal with MTSU is the offense is pretty good, they run better with a mobile QB but he was a senior so this year they have not very mobile but accurate QBs. The defensive pass rush is bad and the linebackers are worse. However, the secondary is OK so that makes things easier on you. If I remember correctly they also have an OK kicker and a bad punter. The highlight of the team is the running backs so I would focus around the running game and also on the defense bring some blitzes to help the pass rush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2011, 07:05 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think I may do it like you as well. Since I really don't have a "favorite" college team, I would use MTSU or a team like them. Why don't we add each other to compare dynasties? Sound good?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #7
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

This MT alum likes your choice of teams.

IRL, MT's offense should be good - the QB, Kilgore was highly rated coming in and was solid in NCAA '11. A bunch of WR/OL's are returning as are 2 solid RBs.

The defense will need major work at every spot, especially DL and secondary.

We should have a top 25 ranked kicker, but I don't know if EA will give Gendreau his due.

I played an MT dynasty in '11. I had a great '10 (only lost one game), but '11 and '12 were major rebuilding projects as I had to rebuild with recruits on D.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:54 PM   #8
Pro

I am liking all of your guys responses and feedback I appreciate it!
I am goign to have to do my research, I know hardly anythign about MTSU sicne I am Tennessee Volunteer!

I will just try to recruit like crazy the first few years build up my D and get a few jewels on Offense maybe. I know it will be years nto it before i am even ranked. I think it wil be a fun challenge!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »