Home

how to run Oregon's offense?

This is a discussion on how to run Oregon's offense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-11-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
how to run Oregon's offense?

I've been running with Oregon's playbook, however, I cannot utilize my QB's running skills at all. I try and run read option, options, QB draws, etc., but I feel like the defense goes all Tecmo Bowl on me when you select the right play. Every defensive player flies straight to the QB and bursts through any block. This doesn't really happen when I give it to my RB, so it's biased towards QBs. Anyway to fix this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: how to run Oregon's offense?

I always read the unblocked defender (usually the de) on the read option. If he crashes in on the hb thats when I keep it with qb. I tend to have more success with this in shotgun formations where the hb is behind the qb a yard.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 3

Little tweaks to your sliders can make a huge difference as well. Dropping the CPU Run Defense and slightly upping the User Run Blocking can give a more realistic feal.
I did this and it gave a fair feel to the Read Option plays, as long as I make the correct read.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfEd
Little tweaks to your sliders can make a huge difference as well. Dropping the CPU Run Defense and slightly upping the User Run Blocking can give a more realistic feal.
I did this and it gave a fair feel to the Read Option plays, as long as I make the correct read.
The problem with this is by making your spread running better, you make your power running overpowered. Unfortunately it just isn't balanced very well in this game. If you truly run Oregon's offense and don't line up in I-form or Ace and abuse dive then I suggest tweaking the sliders a bit.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:15 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
The problem with this is by making your spread running better, you make your power running overpowered. Unfortunately it just isn't balanced very well in this game. If you truly run Oregon's offense and don't line up in I-form or Ace and abuse dive then I suggest tweaking the sliders a bit.
Very true. Any time I change up my offensive style I have to retweak my sliders. Recently switched over to a Run 'n Shoot style out of the Pistol and found my running plays a little too powerfull. Too bad there's not a good balance, but at least we are able to adjust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-11-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Or you could just delete the patches........

Or re-edit the rosters..........

Multiple ways of fixing the problem.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

What I don't like about these read option plays, at least for me, it seems the DE/Unblocked aways sits for the QB, regardless of the QB's running ability. If I had two QB's, one passing and one running (say Florida), no matter who was in the defense wouldn't make an adjustment for that.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Or you could just delete the patches........

Or re-edit the rosters..........

Multiple ways of fixing the problem.
How do I delete the patches without deleting patches for other games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »