Home

Gameinformer Magazine today!!

This is a discussion on Gameinformer Magazine today!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 08:39 PM   #25
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Gameinformer Magazine today!!

I get off at 1am tonight im on break right now, but when i get off i will just post the entire article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 08:54 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
I get off at 1am tonight im on break right now, but when i get off i will just post the entire article.
Woah, keep it to yourself buddy.

Seriously though, this will be appreciated. Are you typing it up or scanning, or taking pics, or another method you invented?

― Plato
Old 05-13-2011, 01:14 AM   #27
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

i can type pretty fast so typing doesnt bother me. Heres the entire article.

FIGHTING A MUTLI-FRONT GRIDIRON WAR
Because its the first ea sports football title out each year, the ncaa football franchise has led the way with new gameplay features ever since EA tiburon created a shared technology base between the game and its pro cousin, Madden. The series has also found success beacause in recent years the team has put more effor into capturing the unique college experience Big additions this year see to it that both bases and more are covered.

Ncaa 12 takes last years custom team entrances further by blowing them out and making them more grandiose. Instead of just offering traditional team entrances, tiburon has added more layers to the presentation. For instance Texas's Drum and Bevo Longhorn are both present. and multiple camera angles mix these entrances up from game to game to keep things interresting.

Wether your school has a famous tradition or not, the game has a new presentation suite based on espn's new broadcast look that includes bowl-conference specific graphical wipes. The new approach pays more attention to context in determining what you see and hear as well. Crowds sweel as the ball is in the air, bigger crowds, sound larger and even player celebrations scale according to the quarter or if you're playing a rival. Highlight montages run at the end of the quarter, or analysts may break down the tape if your QB has thrown too many interceptions. This new contexual approach should help in more accurately telling the story for each game.

On the field, the visuals have once again been upgraded thanks to what developer EA Tiburon calls HDR lighting. Basically high dynamic range is a tool that uses exposure like a real camera to show a greater contrast between light and shadow while the game is running in real time or during replays. You may also notice the 3d grass and better weather conditions, including fog.

College atmosphere alone didnt get ncaa to where it is, however Gameplay improvments are also in the mix, including a reduction in the suction tackles,blocks, and catches that have been prevalent throughout the years. This is made possible beacause now animations arent started until players make contact with each other or the ball. This has wide ranging ramifications, from more realistic tackles to better catches.

It also changes the controls. A new tackle command has been added on defense, and one for a dive catch on offense to help players with the timing inherent in the animation changes. We watched a demo of the new dive catch command as ncaa designer ben Haumiller explained how the game has reduced suction catches. Running several routes, he showed me different examples of a WR carthcing a ball in stride,diving for a ball just out of reach, and an incomplete pass that was notable for the fact that in previous titles the reciever would have shot forward to make the catch instead.

Addressing legacy issues as well as trying to capture the college excitment are two powerful tenets for ncaa 12. and ea assures us that more additions are on the way as well. Stay tuned in the coming months for more info.

there now my wrists hurt haha
Old 05-13-2011, 03:34 AM   #28
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Good stuff man. So basically from what you just typed, the changes in commentary would be more relevant at the end of each other quarter as they show the highlights of that quarter.

Makes me wonder if it will be a full blown halftime show and post game show. Being that in both live game play videos that was shown they only played one quarter and really didn't let the highlight reel play out, we didn't get to hear the commentary that would have been said during the highlight reel or after the highlight reel. Interesting.

And the celebrations appear to be dynamic. How often or little they celebrate is based on what quarter it is and who you are actually playing.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:57 AM   #29
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Hate to bump this, but I think more people should see that article. I really can't wait to see how well executed the commentary is when your player is have a great day, or even a terrible one. I also want to see the new celebration system. Hopefully that puts an end to my RB going crazy after a 22 yard gain when down 21-0 with 0:17 left.

― Plato
Old 05-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #30
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

Man, I always alternate between Madden and NCAA every year. All these features are making it tough since I bought NCAA 11 last year and loved that too.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:28 PM   #31
MVP

pmurray20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Hate to bump this, but I think more people should see that article. I really can't wait to see how well executed the commentary is when your player is have a great day, or even a terrible one. I also want to see the new celebration system. Hopefully that puts an end to my RB going crazy after a 22 yard gain when down 21-0 with 0:17 left.
haha yea i agree or having the home crowd cheer at the end of the game when the team just lost
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »