Home

Bad Snaps

This is a discussion on Bad Snaps within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #41
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Bad Snaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid FSU
Simple as this. Add a snap rating, snap meter, and QB hands rating.
Oh yeah, to those saying a snap meter would slow the game down immensely, you're wrong. All you would have to do is hold X till it hits the middle of the meter. It would take less than a second.
I like it. Like someone else said too, make it like MLB: The Show's throwing meter quick and you're fine. It wouldnt take anymore or less time. And bad snaps are a part of the game. There are shaky snaps in games, but the NCAA series the perfect snap every time? especially on FG kicks. If a snap is high or low or perfect determines how the FG is going to go.

I dont think it would be too hard to program either! EA get on this for 13
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 01:42 PM   #42
Pro

sparkdawg777's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
I like it. Like someone else said too, make it like MLB: The Show's throwing meter quick and you're fine. It wouldnt take anymore or less time. And bad snaps are a part of the game. There are shaky snaps in games, but the NCAA series the perfect snap every time? especially on FG kicks. If a snap is high or low or perfect determines how the FG is going to go.

I dont think it would be too hard to program either! EA get on this for 13

Exactly it would be quick, instead of just tapping the snap button you have to put some touch on it. This would greatly improve special teams because a bad snap would increase the chance of a punt or field goal block.

EDIT: You would also change the way you punt and kick. Here's the situation...

You aim the arrow just like how you usually do pre-snap. Next instead of the usual kick meter then it snaps it. You use the snap button, then quickly use the meter with the joystick. This makes it more realistic too because you now feel the same pressure a punter or kicker feels in getting the kick/punt off in time!

Now special teams will have that anything can happen feel to it, increasing the chances for a blocked kick/punt!

Last edited by sparkdawg777; 06-10-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:03 PM   #43
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

LOL, the first time you had a bad snap in a critical situation, you'd cry GLITCH faster than a fat woman smells a cheeseburger.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:22 PM   #44
Rookie

Michgantown's Arena

OVR: 7

If any of this happens we will need a dynamic rating system for dynasty. Players need to get worse or better at snapping on there perfomance. Also is a nosetackle is manhandling the center. the center should start to be more careless with his snapping
Old 06-10-2011, 02:29 PM   #45
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Unfortunately I think this might be a long time away from the series, if ever at all. But I think we need it.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2011, 03:14 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
Unfortunately I think this might be a long time away from the series, if ever at all. But I think we need it.
I agree Jared.
Old 06-10-2011, 06:57 PM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 1

I would really hate to have to snap the ball manually every play (even if the mechanic is extremely simple).

What I would prefer to see is bad/early snaps happening if you try and audible lots of things quickly, and then snap the ball straight afterwards (since that is often how they happen in real life). Link it to the awareness of the centre as well, could be a nice little feature - adds realism and gives a small disadvantage to those who make a hundred changes to the play in 3 seconds and then snap the ball immediately.
Old 06-10-2011, 08:52 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxnw
Under center, sure. Shotgun? Unless the QB flat out has butter-fingers, it's almost always the center's fault.

When I played center in high school my QB would constantly call for the ball before he was ready, we went with a silent count out of the shotgun and he would constantly do our "move" for the snap when he wasn't looking. We eventually had to scrap the shotgun because of it.

Out of all the ideas thrown out I like the idea of a "meter" not really a meter but just like in The Show when you throw to a base, it would be simple and really would be nothing but how it is now. Just if you held the button to long, or just tapped it the snap wouldn't be good. Totally controllable and takes no effort. If you play the Show, after awhile you don't even half to look at the meter as it becomes instinct how long to hold it.

I'd like this in the series, but as others have stated I think it would cause problems. Too many people would whine if it cost them a game. Then the dreaded CPU comeback code talk would start up.

Last edited by ChopTalk; 06-10-2011 at 08:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »