Home

QB Ratings

This is a discussion on QB Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
QB Ratings

NCAA Football really needs to add the same QB ratings as Madden has. I believe thats why the QB's in college are so horrible in Madden's draft classes is because they don't have the short, medium, and long accuracy. I dont know if they're randomized or what, but i hope this wont be an issue for this years football games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: QB Ratings

A+ post

I agree with you one thousand percent. The guys in my OD were talking about this on our forum. Having just one single, simple accuracy rating isn't accurate, Madden handles it perfectly.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
A+ post

I agree with you one thousand percent. The guys in my OD were talking about this on our forum. Having just one single, simple accuracy rating isn't accurate, Madden handles it perfectly.
Thats the reason the college QB's struggle to stay off the free agent list in Madden. You might get 1 QB per draft class that will become the starter eventually.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

the additional ratings would be nice....but honestly do you guys think EA really knows the short range accuarcy or deep ball accuarcy of the 2nd or 3rd string QB's on every teams roster?

They should just add additional gameplay sliders for short, medium and long passes it would make things much easier because i doubt they actually scout the backup QB's throughout the country to determine their passing accuracy

heck they have a hard time right now with just the two standard passer ratings

It's easier in Madden because where talking about at the most 2-3 QB's per team which i'm sure they have more data on to evaluate NFL QB's

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 05-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

PM, EA has to realize that communities like ours do a better job on rosters than they do themselves anyway, so I don't see any excuse not to include all the customizable options possible. Even if they can't handle them, they know that WE will when the game comes out.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #6
Banned

1GATOR FAN's Arena

OVR: 9

Man I would love that EA could at least so the starters. Heck a big company like that you think they would just have one big team that only worked on ratings and they could get it done....

Another thing I wanted to ask. Do QB's that have better AWR do there wr's actual getting open way more to simulate the Qb seeing the feild better? I heard talked about on here once but never found if it was true or not
Old 05-12-2011, 03:26 PM   #7
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GATOR FAN

Another thing I wanted to ask. Do QB's that have better AWR do there wr's actual getting open way more to simulate the Qb seeing the feild better? I heard talked about on here once but never found if it was true or not
Nobody knows for sure. I used to feel like it was true, but I'm not noticing it as much anymore. It's either there and only some people notice, or it's just a placebo effect.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-12-2011, 03:29 PM   #8
Rookie

MSU124's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
the additional ratings would be nice....but honestly do you guys think EA really knows the short range accuarcy or deep ball accuarcy of the 2nd or 3rd string QB's on every teams roster?

They should just add additional gameplay sliders for short, medium and long passes it would make things much easier because i doubt they actually scout the backup QB's throughout the country to determine their passing accuracy

heck they have a hard time right now with just the two standard passer ratings

It's easier in Madden because where talking about at the most 2-3 QB's per team which i'm sure they have more data on to evaluate NFL QB's
I'd rather them make up a number than not have it at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »