Home

How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

This is a discussion on How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where Do You Stand With the Next Gen of Consoles and NCAA Football?
I want the next gen of consoles now, NCAA 13/14 should be on a new console 22 32.84%
I'm ok with waiting until NCAA 15/16 and seeing how complete they can make this gen 37 55.22%
I'm not sure 8 11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2011, 12:42 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

When I think of all games as of now, yes, it is time for new consoles. I have had the 360 since it launched and games really aren't changing much. It feels very similar to when the XBOX was near its end and the 360 was about to be announced.

When thinking from a sports gamers perspective, though, I am unsure. I don't want to see another blunder like this generation, but I do want to see the new physics, content, etc. I don't think its too far fetched that this NCAA team could probably deliver us a first year NCAA on the new consoles that is up to par of at least NCAA 10 or even 11. I mean, 11 and 12 are really great compared to 07-10, but they are what we should have had in 08-09.

I feel with the direction EA's football games are headed, we probably wouldn't see their new football games be so empty as Madden 06-09, NCAA 07-10 were.

― Plato
Old 05-14-2011, 12:45 AM   #10
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

My opinion is that current gen is a complete joke. Backbreaker showed that real time physics can work witha football game. Unfortunately their AI sucked ***. There is ZERO excuse for the product we are receiving from EA today. I think it is inexcusable that we are still stuck with canned animations for player interactions. It is old tech and due to EAs monopoly on the genre they can put out the same garbage with slight improvements and it will sale.

excuse the grammar/punctuation Im drunk.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:46 AM   #11
Banned

Charleston_Tiger's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

FIFA 12 is getting a physics based engine THIS YEAR, SAME CURRENT CONSOLE. So obviously they don't need a new console in order to get a physics based engine.

FIFA has competition they are required to innovate to stay ahead. FIFA is the only EA game I have purchased in the last 3 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 12:48 AM   #12
Pro

hurricanefootball4's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson

FIFA 12 is getting a physics based engine THIS YEAR, SAME CURRENT CONSOLE. So obviously they don't need a new console in order to get a physics based engine.
I think the decision has been made that they won't invest in a new engine on this console for the football franchises - too close to release of next gen to make that investment
Old 05-14-2011, 01:58 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Next gen football games should be absolutely incredible.

If they do it right, which, with the recent development of operationsports and other communities screaming and hollering and begging for things to be done the right way, should happen, it will be truly revolutionary, even moreso than the jump from PS1/N64 to PS2/XBOX/GC.

A physics-based football game will be one of those things that once we have it (backbreaker doesn't count), we won't understand how we ever lived without it. Furthermore, EA has hopefully learned from their mistake with the current generation's titles that it's bad for business to hastily shove out a bare-bones version of a game just to have a next-gen presence; it needs to be done right. This has been evidenced by Madden and NCAA's crappiness, and NBA Live being so awful that they had to scrap the entire thing! They'll learn from their mistakes, or they will eventually fall by the wayside.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #14
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

In some areas this current generation of football games hasn't even caught up to last gen. I also have a very hard time believing they've maxed out what can be done this gen. Last a new generation of consoles guarantees nothing in terms of how football games will progress.

Next gen is pretty much irrelevant to me, I think what the devs do (what they focus on and how well they execute) is much more important. It doesn't matter what gen we're on if they do a poor job or focus on the wrong things.

Last edited by poopoop; 05-14-2011 at 03:32 AM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:02 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 12

A new console wont fix anything at this point.

Everything fans have been asking for during the past 5+ years is currently able to be done with current specs / disc space / technology now.

Next gen football will be an exact repeat of this generation of football with features being removed / added over the years unless a few other companies step in and start making football games.

At this point, the current exclusive contract is looking to expire and Im not quite sure its in the investers best interest to renew it.

Next gen, when it comes to football, all comes down to is there competition in the market place or not.

If another company steps in and raises the bar - EA football will step up. If they somehow manage to get the shareholders on board and resign another exclusive contract for the next gen systems- then you are playing exactly what you will get with a new system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 03:27 AM   #16
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricanefootball4

I know why Nintendo is pushing a new system next it is to help get third party developers interested in making games for them and to compete with Sony and the 360.

The article I read and watched on G4tv I think says that most third parties developers think that only first developers can make games for Nintendo. But if Microsoft or Sony tries to push out a new system at the end of 2012 they might be in for a shock, because if it comes with a hefty price tage it won't sell that fast.

I think it would be better for them to wait untill our marlet stays stable get the most out the systems now because these systems can still be pushed, and given if they would use the hard drive to their advantage like computer games do, I believe a lot more content could be put into their games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »