Home

How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

This is a discussion on How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Where Do You Stand With the Next Gen of Consoles and NCAA Football?
I want the next gen of consoles now, NCAA 13/14 should be on a new console 22 32.84%
I'm ok with waiting until NCAA 15/16 and seeing how complete they can make this gen 37 55.22%
I'm not sure 8 11.94%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #33
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: How Do You Feel About the Next Generation of Consoles and NCAA Football

Nintendo does not belong in this conversation. They are trying to get sales by going out of sync. Once Microsoft and Sony release new consoles, how ever many years later, Nintendo will be right back to where they are now behind on tech and trying to continue to lure people with cheaper prices.

For this reason I do not really consider the new Nintendo to be next gen even if it is more powerful than what microsoft and sony has for a few years.
Old 05-14-2011, 04:52 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Nintendo does not belong in this conversation. They are trying to get sales by going out of sync. Once Microsoft and Sony release new consoles, how ever many years later, Nintendo will be right back to where they are now behind on tech and trying to continue to lure people with cheaper prices.

For this reason I do not really consider the new Nintendo to be next gen even if it is more powerful than what microsoft and sony has for a few years.
I agree.
Ninetendo needs to try to compete with PS4/Xbox. The Wii, in my opinion, games were kind of kiddish with Ps2 and Xbox graphics. I miss the Ninetendo 64 days Zelda, Super Marios. They need to boost graphics big time. Especially since the Kinect and The Move, the Wii sales dropped. I wouldnt mind seeing Wii 2 starting the classic exclusive games back up with great graphics.
Old 05-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #35
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
It doesn't matter whether it's the suits fault or the devs fault.

Also I doubt most casual gamers care either way. As for the non-casual gamers yeah it would be a slap in the face but enough of them will still preorder every year and be at the midnight release...so it doesn't really matter.

EA will get around to putting a physics based engine in when they feel like it. Not necessarily when new consoles are released.
Logically they would implement a physics engine, considering the next Gen consoles are the greatest chance for an engine change entirely, which is why everyone is looking forward to the next Gen games. Of course this is all based of the assumption EA has learned from it's mistakes. They've already learned that their complacency will lose them sales, would they really take that chance again, by not taking the most obvious and necessary step in order to improve these games?

A new engine has to have been contemplated many times by the dev's, or one would think, considering the constant limitations they run into. Maybe I have to much faith in EA, but I don't think there's anyway they don't implement physics in the next gen games.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #36
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I just like the idea of NCAA and Madden starting over. Each has built a little momentum (Madden with '10, and NCAA with '11), but other than that, both series seem stuck in the mud.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-14-2011, 05:37 PM   #37
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Probably wouldn't pick one up for a while. Just got a 360 last week and really wouldn't rush onto a new console until they became less then $300 again. Specially for my PS3, still serves as a great blu ray player and seeing how long PS2 been lasting I bet there'll be a good enough library of games to come.

Plus, I have a feeling EA will probably again try to focus only on making the best looking game they have, strip a lot of features, then just start redoing it again.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

Problem for folks here as they dont understand the target market for what they are trying to accomplish.

Neither you, nor I, are the market for this game. The new strategic plan is to continue to reset the series each generation and get the new players in the market, and not the old ones.

Having been a fan and now in the industry, I have seen how the games have moved forward and realize what we are missing..however, new players to the market have no idea what has been done in the past and are very pleased with the most basic offering.

The video game generation is segmented into groups of 8 years. Meaning that on average, about every 8 years there is a brand new generation of people buying and playing these games for the first time.

It is much cheaper to cater to them, than it is to us. Madden and NCAA functions much like the goverment, meaning that there is an absurd amount of wasted time and money to do the most trivial tasks. The work on Madden / NCAA is around 3-4 months of the year, not 12. Sure there are emails going out, focus groups giving presentations, a few guys here or there working on some backend feature that never makes it into the game etc. But the majority of the work starts around the end of January and by the time the demo is completed, we are about 2 weeks from the finished product.

The next gen will come around and there will be a new group of die hard supporters to follow the titles, while the die hards now will get frustrated and become one of the disgruntled. Cycle will repeat itself adnauseum.

This is why the exclusive deal was so important. The writing was on the wall and it was about to start costing a ton of cash to keep up with the market, so they determined it was in the best of long term interests to basically lock this generation out and lose quite a bit of profit, for the opportunity to garner all the profits later on since there will be a brand new generation of gamers for the new systems that have never played , nor heard of, any other type of football games.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:58 PM   #39
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

I will end up following the same pattern I did with this generation. Wait atleast a year for the prices to go down, and for the games to catch up. Odds are the 360 version of the game will be far and away better then the newer version for atleast a year, probably longer.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Old 05-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #40
Rookie

Dmarzio's Arena

OVR: 1

I honestly think EA is stuck with a very poor engine with this current gen, and knows it. They are kind of stuck in a bad position, because redoing their entire engine is not feasible in one development year I would assume. They know they have a bad engine, and they have tried to "patch" it up and make it work, when it really just needs to be reworked from scratch.

I think a new generation of consoles could allow them to do this. Start with a good base this time with real-time physics ala GameBreaker, and build on top of that.

While I don't think I speak for everyone here, but if EA had to start over again and built a great engine, I'm ok with waiting a couple of development cycles for some of the features like we had to do with this current gen. Things like custom playsbooks and all that are nice, but if it really boils down to it, I would take a fantastic game engine that produces realistic football over everything else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »