Home

NCAA 12 features

This is a discussion on NCAA 12 features within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4
NCAA 12 features

This was the survey that surfaced early in the development of NCAA 11 before we knew what features were actually in the game.

Anyone who knows a thing about project management knows that its safe to say ncaa, madden or any other yearly release software title has a list of features and a estimated timetable of release that goes beyond the current year in production.

Business 101 says there is no reason to include everything on this list in one year. At some point a product that is too good diminishes the need for some consumers to need to purchase the next edition. Plus if you factor that if your in season 2017 with a team you recruited and put together, it will take more than a little update, to make you spend $60 and go back in time.

Now considering from looking at the past, the ncaa09 to ncaa10 features, and knowing a little about software development i would say that EA started working on this list during ncaa 10 development. Season Showdown, weather you like it or hate it, is not that difficult to add with the structure and code that was already there. The base point system was in NCAA 09. You already had points popup during game play in 09. EA was already working on things to be in NCAA 11 and used Season Showdown as fluff which took little time to add but could get enough people excited about school pride while they worked on other features. The other giveaway is the descriptions of each of the features are too detailed to be stabs in the dark.

With this list and looking at what is in it. Almost everything in this list which surfaced early in 2010 was already being worked on and coded. and almost everything is in the game to this point. The survey was used most likely to determine what to release in ncaa11 and what to release in ncaa12 and NCAA13. EA probably split the results and looked at resources and time and and decide what would maximize all the releases.

Things from the list from last year that did not make it in in 11 but are confirmed in 12 are the entrances, and improved presentation using more espn style.

Now looking at the list i would say the QB cam angle, coaches carousel are what is to be release barring some type of legal or technical difficulty. They have already talked about a new cam angle for this year. I bet you will use this angle in road to glory as well.

The signature coaching plays looks like NCAA's version of gameflow could be in as well. The survey was out and leaked long before we knew gameflow was in madden11. My one concern is having real active coaches and having the ncaa version of gameflow with coaches calling plays does not mean that a coaching carousel is in. a coach pool would have to have 400 or 500 names. 360 plus have jobs(3 per team) and another 100 or so to slide into jobs as seasons pass.

The AD mode i think will highlight NCAA13. It would be a big surprise to me if it was in ncaa12.

AS with all my posts, My opinion based off of what i see and think.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: NCAA 12 features

Quote:
Originally Posted by smace767
This was the survey that surfaced early in the development of NCAA 11 before we knew what features were actually in the game.

Anyone who knows a thing about project management knows that its safe to say ncaa, madden or any other yearly release software title has a list of features and a estimated timetable of release that goes beyond the current year in production.

Business 101 says there is no reason to include everything on this list in one year. At some point a product that is too good diminishes the need for some consumers to need to purchase the next edition. Plus if you factor that if your in season 2017 with a team you recruited and put together, it will take more than a little update, to make you spend $60 and go back in time.

Now considering from looking at the past, the ncaa09 to ncaa10 features, and knowing a little about software development i would say that EA started working on this list during ncaa 10 development. Season Showdown, weather you like it or hate it, is not that difficult to add with the structure and code that was already there. The base point system was in NCAA 09. You already had points popup during game play in 09. EA was already working on things to be in NCAA 11 and used Season Showdown as fluff which took little time to add but could get enough people excited about school pride while they worked on other features. The other giveaway is the descriptions of each of the features are too detailed to be stabs in the dark.

With this list and looking at what is in it. Almost everything in this list which surfaced early in 2010 was already being worked on and coded. and almost everything is in the game to this point. The survey was used most likely to determine what to release in ncaa11 and what to release in ncaa12 and NCAA13. EA probably split the results and looked at resources and time and and decide what would maximize all the releases.

Things from the list from last year that did not make it in in 11 but are confirmed in 12 are the entrances, and improved presentation using more espn style.

Now looking at the list i would say the QB cam angle, coaches carousel are what is to be release barring some type of legal or technical difficulty. They have already talked about a new cam angle for this year. I bet you will use this angle in road to glory as well.

The signature coaching plays looks like NCAA's version of gameflow could be in as well. The survey was out and leaked long before we knew gameflow was in madden11. My one concern is having real active coaches and having the ncaa version of gameflow with coaches calling plays does not mean that a coaching carousel is in. a coach pool would have to have 400 or 500 names. 360 plus have jobs(3 per team) and another 100 or so to slide into jobs as seasons pass.

The AD mode i think will highlight NCAA13. It would be a big surprise to me if it was in ncaa12.

AS with all my posts, My opinion based off of what i see and think.

are there any new camera angles please some one tell us
Old 05-15-2011, 01:15 PM   #3
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

I predict EA will continue to force feed us reasons to use online dynasty instead of offline dynasty, possibly to get more people to buy the game new and using the online pass.

I wouldn't be surprised if the biggest additions to dynasty mode are all web based like last year's Dynasty Wire. I could see them incorporating things like full schedule editing, recruit/roster editing, stadium building, etc into Dynasty Wire.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #4
Rookie

RM938's Arena

OVR: 2

I agree with what your saying but I think AD mode and Dynasty Mode will be one mode. It wouldn't make sense if they had a Dynasty Mode,Coach Mode and AD Mode. It actually wouldn't surprise me if NCAA 12 had stadium builder in Dynasty Mode. I guess we will have to wait and see.

May 23rd is marked on my calendar. Hopefully that is the day because he did seem unsure of the exact day he said Roughly May 23rd.
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles
MLB: Philadelphia Phillies
NBA: Philadelphia 76ers

LET'S GO!
Old 05-15-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
Rookie

mkam89's Arena

OVR: 3

I agree that all those modes (dynasty, coach, and AD) will be basically one mode. The wording of the coaching carousel is what's getting to me. "YOU have to hire from a pool quick to ensure good recruiting" To me this sounds like AD mode. So are you an AD but can still recruit, play, build stadiums? Do you have attributes or are they based off the coach you hire? Does it even mean you-the player or was it poorly worded and meant to read "a school must hire from a pool"?
May 23 seems so far away
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2011, 04:12 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

This is what we have so far. I didn't mark out the coaches on the sideline because they aren't authentic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NCAA 12.jpg (38.3 KB, 100 views)

― Plato
Old 05-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
This is what we have so far. I didn't mark out the coaches on the sideline because they aren't authentic.
You might as well check it off because I dont they will be authentic coaches.
Got that Survey saved on my labtop for months, been looking at it and seeing what was added and what could be.
I hope that CC is in. That is something that might be a multiyear thing to make sure is right. Since the survey was released was Nov 09, I think it should be in.
I think we might get that camera view this year. Because Haumiller said something about camera views will be discussed later
Most of the unmarked things are Dynasty features, so hopefully it is in

Last edited by illwill10; 05-15-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilljon26
are there any new camera angles please some one tell us
In the IGN video Ben H.(NCAA Developer)already confirmed there is a new camera angle but wouldn't comment further on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »