Home

Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Means

This is a discussion on Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Means within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 10:25 AM   #49
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Mean

I won't quote your post because of the length, but Dorian, that was a genius post. Totally agree and that would make it so much more fun. Even back in 09, when random things happened to you for your daily event instead of Gym, Trainer, Library, Playbook. You'd be riding a bike and avoid a car, have something happen to you, have your grades go up/down depending on whether you went to a party the night before or did a major project. All of that made the game more inviting to play.
Then they took it out and make it horribly bland. I mean, it didn't make Campus Legend (that was the name still in 09) great, but you actually had to make realistic decisions at times, and it drew you in more than the whole Gym, Trainer, Playbook, Library thing EVERY DAY.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Road to Glory - A Walk-On Who Made the Team Wants You to Know What It Really Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
I won't quote your post because of the length, but Dorian, that was a genius post. Totally agree and that would make it so much more fun. Even back in 09, when random things happened to you for your daily event instead of Gym, Trainer, Library, Playbook. You'd be riding a bike and avoid a car, have something happen to you, have your grades go up/down depending on whether you went to a party the night before or did a major project. All of that made the game more inviting to play.
Then they took it out and make it horribly bland. I mean, it didn't make Campus Legend (that was the name still in 09) great, but you actually had to make realistic decisions at times, and it drew you in more than the whole Gym, Trainer, Playbook, Library thing EVERY DAY.
Yea I really miss though features, hopefully the RPG effects adds something like them back.
I even miss taking the Test on the PS2. I would usually pick the Math major or something else. I actually studied so I can get a 100 each time. Little things like that add immersion to a mode
Old 05-16-2011, 12:53 PM   #51
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
Good read. Just can't wait for NCAA news on franchise and road to glory.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #52
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Just a hunch about this, if you go to the NCAA website @ easports.com
the main page says "Pick Your Path to Glory." My hunch is that this RTG will have different paths, maybe like if you ever played WWF No Mercy, every action has a reaction. Thats just my hunch, I really dont play RTG but I always buy 2 copies and give one to my dad for his birthday, and he plays RTG, Im a dynasty fanatic, but if they can revamped RTG and make it like it was on the last-gen systems I might play RTG once, especially if it ties into a coaching carousel with Dynasty mode
Old 05-16-2011, 10:41 PM   #53
Rookie

mcmike9's Arena

OVR: 2
By putting this out there, ea has created a lot of hype. I hope rtg has gift improvements
Old 05-17-2011, 10:06 AM   #54
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banks1212
I feel like this mode needs story lines and player types. You need to be able to choose if you want to be the 5 star stud recruit wanted by every school in America. Or a 3 star under the radar guy who only gets offers from the teams in his area. Or maybe you want to be the preferred walk-on that works his way onto the team and plays as an upperclassmen with hard work. And most of all they need a way to have schools actually recruit you. That would be the most fun for me, to pick between a smaller school that was showering you with love or the big time program that you have always dreamed of going to. Also add High School All-American games.
This would be SICK. Maybe you should go work for EA... or 2K when they get football back lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »