Home

Are we going to get some realistic quarterback play this year?

This is a discussion on Are we going to get some realistic quarterback play this year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 04:51 PM   #9
Rookie

Cubs017's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Are we going to get some realistic quarterback play this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
if anything why doesnt the OP just bump up the ratings of the players himself? it takes like 5 minutes to do so
Because it doesn't matter. Even if you give Denard Robinson 99 in all of the running categories he's not going to have anywhere near the season that he did in real life. He'll be lucky to break 1,000 yards.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmurray20
if anything why doesnt the OP just bump up the ratings of the players himself? it takes like 5 minutes to do so
stat bumps wont fix this issue......we have tried everything

also its bad programing to use stats for the RB to simulate running QB's. they should not have more than 20 in any of those RB categories IMO.

me and the guys here may disagree on this though, but if the game had real locomotion juking and spining ratings would be useless.

vick does not juke players(very rarely he may shake and bake) barry sanders juked people... vick uses his speed and angles of approach to avoid defenders...

and as much as i like PM's work the QB runs where they are throwing off LB's look bad sometimes but i know its about the desired effect.....

anyway my point is scrambling should not be about likeness it should be about how to play the position, if 2 reads are not open take off........thats football, nothing to do with likeness.

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 05-16-2011, 05:13 PM   #11
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnsideAdmiral
I hope they don't put a "true running QB" in the game. Does anyone remember Mike Vick in NFL Street? I'm pretty sure NCAA 09 or 10 was like that if you had a QB with a decent arm and good legs. Or you could always sub in your fastest corner as your 2nd QB and make the formation change on some plays. It's impossible to stop guys in the pocket with 93+ speed with great agility and acceleration, especially if the guy can still throw the ball. I understand it's part of the game but they already have guys who can run in the game. Terrelle Pryor was a beast last year and the year before, Tebow was straight nasty. Why should they up QB running rates?
If EA would fix the OL/DL interactions and make the accuracy rating really mean something, this wouldn't be a problem. Leaving something out of the game, which is a major part of the college football landscape, because it would exploit other broken parts of the game is not an acceptable solution in my book. I want to have to scheme for a running QB. I want to experience the difficulty in facing guys like Vince Young, Denard Robinson, Cam Newton, etc. As it is, I play every guy like he's Peyton Manning.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 05:27 PM   #12
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Also please please realize that not every QB should have a super low carry rating. So tired of QBs fumbling often when they run.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:31 PM   #13
Rookie

BurnsideAdmiral's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
If EA would fix the OL/DL interactions and make the accuracy rating really mean something, this wouldn't be a problem. Leaving something out of the game, which is a major part of the college football landscape, because it would exploit other broken parts of the game is not an acceptable solution in my book. I want to have to scheme for a running QB. I want to experience the difficulty in facing guys like Vince Young, Denard Robinson, Cam Newton, etc. As it is, I play every guy like he's Peyton Manning.
Yes you're correct, scrambling QB's are part of the game and in real life, BUT not every QB is like those guys. Right now they are few and far between but they are becoming more popular. However I'm still reading the OP as "I wish there were more guys like Denard Robinson in the game so I can use them and beat people/teams easier" not "I think CPU QB's should scramble more" as there's already a thread for that. Not sure if he's actually dumb enough to start a thread about something that is already being addressed in another thread.

So I'll try and make 2 points for the 2 possible ways this thread is going.

Yes, CPU QB's should have better AI and scramble more when the opportunity is there (that's for any QB though not just running QB's so again this makes me think he's not talking about this by mentioning Robinson). No, QB running stats should not be raised so you can exploit poor defense AI with average QB's who are not true scrambling type QB's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »