Home

RPG Create-a-Players.....It is about time EA.

This is a discussion on RPG Create-a-Players.....It is about time EA. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-16-2011, 04:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
RPG Create-a-Players.....It is about time EA.

Tecmo Super Bowl III had this and this feature ALONE is why i still rate this as one of my favorite games.

You could create any number of players but they started off really crappy....but EACH WEEK.....(not just end of season) you would earn "attribute points" that you could allocate TO ANY attribute.

So if you want your reciever to be faster over catch better.....then fine....you choose.

It was sooo much fun, each year i would create 2-3 players (didnt want to have TOOO many developmental guys), but it was awesome.

That was 1994......now 16 years later, EA is releasing this ground breaking idea? It is ABOUT TIME!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
Banned

osubeavs721's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: RPG Create-a-Players.....It is about time EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerfan1509
Tecmo Super Bowl III had this and this feature ALONE is why i still rate this as one of my favorite games.

You could create any number of players but they started off really crappy....but EACH WEEK.....(not just end of season) you would earn "attribute points" that you could allocate TO ANY attribute.

So if you want your reciever to be faster over catch better.....then fine....you choose.

It was sooo much fun, each year i would create 2-3 players (didnt want to have TOOO many developmental guys), but it was awesome.

That was 1994......now 16 years later, EA is releasing this ground breaking idea? It is ABOUT TIME!!!!
they have it... its called in season progression, you just dont allocate points. and do players get good over every week. not necessarily.
Old 05-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #3
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubeavs721
they have it... its called in season progression, you just dont allocate points. and do players get good over every week. not necessarily.
I think point allocation is a big deal. That's probably the part that's most important.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree that there is a difference between a computer controlled allocation and a user controlled allocation.

EA has been doing computer controlled (whether in-season and very hard to see, or out of season). But these always seem random (as in your heisman winning HB is an 85 OVR and only gets +2 progression).

They are now doing a progression based off performance (a novel idea). But i also like the user controlled. Because some people will want to make SUPER fast linebackers, while others will be more disciplined and realistic. IT IS THE USERS choice.

I have been wanting this since TSB:III. FINALLY!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »