Home

I dont know about you guys......

This is a discussion on I dont know about you guys...... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 02:43 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: I dont know about you guys......

Custom Playbooks had me sold. and recruiting is a huge part of my Dynasty. For me that far enough for me.Some people might want the similar type of improvements.
If there is anything we could guarantee is fixed that wasnt announced yet,
New interface
Improved Recruiting
Possible editor
Improved Coach Philsophy(because of Coach editor)
Possible Improve Practice
Possible Improved Stats
If those are some of the obvious possible changes, than I am good. SOme people are making NCAA 11 a bad game. IMO, NCAA was the best Current Gen Football game.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #34
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12

We live in a satisfaction now era where the need to know everything RIGHT NOW rules the day. This year seems like every year. Info is coming out on a schedule dictated by marketing and sales teams. From a company perspective - the way it should be released. I like what I've heard so far, and will just wait until next week to either be wowed or left feeling meh. But I don't get the demand that we should have been told everything and nothing should be held back. That's basic tease marketing. Give a little, get the buzz going, release more over time.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:53 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
Agreed. Though I'm rather optimistic that NCAA will have some big news when it's their turn at bat. Last year both games were rather meh in terms of major additions and I attribute that to the shaky economy (08-09) and the EA brass preferring to play it safe rather than invest heavily in the product. All that being said, Madden made some monster strides in franchise mode and this pic alone has me excited about Madden for the first time in years.

yes i agree, but regardless of wether or not ncaa has huge info coming out or not i will still buy it and i also take a day of of work for it too, but this yr madden is a definite buy for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 08:04 PM   #36
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I have no doubt Madden 12 and NCAA 12 will be the best football titles we have seen this gen. NCAA 11 is such a great game and it is hard to see big improvement. But I expect much sharper visuals, even better presentation, a nice improvement for zone defense, the scaling back of Robo LB (please) with improved ball trajectory. Also if we get the CC that would be icing on the cake. I love recruiting and felt the system was much improved in 11.

Both games are going to be great. It is all good.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #37
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Madden is ahead for me right now, for the first time since Dynasty mode was introduced in NCAA. Only the inclusion of Coaching Carousel can get NCAA back to its usual perch in my hierarchy as the most anticipated of the two football titles.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 05-17-2011, 08:34 PM   #38
Rookie

Morning Thunder's Arena

OVR: 2

In the history of EA sports I've learned that the team that has the best game.. Or rather, the team that feels like they have added a lot and are proud of their work generally releases info first.. See NCAA 10 vs Madden 10.. Not necessarily the case, but when a game by the same company that comes out more than a month later than NCAA is releasing info and NCAA isn't, it worries me.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #39
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Hmm, I like what Madden did with Franchise, except for the new bidding system as opposed to the 30 days of "offer and counter offer."

As for NCAA, they have made some gameplay improvements that could prove key into improving NCAA 11 (in its final form) from an aweful game that required serious slider adjustments to even be playable, to a game that could get back to the point of being fun to play, rather than frustrating.

The only real question I still reserve is, what has been done to improve (offline) dynasty. Will the AI recruit with general logic? Will AI teams lose every now and again, as to avoid 3 teams being on simultaneous 30+ game win streaks? Will recruiting be more in depth and not obvious? Will we have a coaching carousel? Will Army-Navy-Air Force have their rivalry trophy properly represented?

All yet to be answered.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 PM   #40
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
The only real question I still reserve is, what has been done to improve (offline) dynasty. Will the AI recruit with general logic? Will AI teams lose every now and again, as to avoid 3 teams being on simultaneous 30+ game win streaks? Will recruiting be more in depth and not obvious? Will we have a coaching carousel? Will Army-Navy-Air Force have their rivalry trophy properly represented?

All yet to be answered.
I never have ran a dynasty where teams get on a 30 game win streak, but if thats happening I would like to see it fixed. I'd love to see some new recruiting upgrades, maybe new ways to talk to the recruits or different responses. I think we'll have something close to a CC if not full blown. And last I doubt we'll see the Armed Forces get their rivalry trophies represented right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »