Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Entrances

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Entrances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #73
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Entrances

This is going to be the best.......Pre Game entrances game ever.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 PM   #74
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrMagic91
This is going to be the best.......Pre Game entrances game ever.
I know people are bickering over about how much time they spent on these entrances but remember:

There are separate teams that work on Presentation, Gameplay, Dynasty and RTG. So just because the guys from Presentation did their job, that does not mean the guys from Gameplay, or Dynasty didn't do their job. Its a simple fact. Lets not hate on the presentation developers for doing their job.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 PM   #75
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I know people are bickering over about how much time they spent on these entrances but remember:

There are separate teams that work on Presentation, Gameplay, Dynasty and RTG. So just because the guys from Presentation did their job, that does not mean the guys from Gameplay, or Dynasty didn't do their job. Its a simple fact. Lets not hate on the presentation developers for doing their job.
You must be Ben Haumiler? jk

Naw I wasnt complaining or bickering at all sir.

Last edited by mrMagic91; 05-17-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #76
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
You must be Ben Haumiler?

Just kidding. I wasn't talking specifically to you, nor do I care whether or not you buy the game. I haven't even decided for sure if I'm going to get it. I'm just saying, it would be nice if we could give the Presentations guys their due. I'd hate for them to think we don't appreciate this kind of stuff, because most of us do.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:33 PM   #77
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman

Just kidding. I wasn't talking specifically to you, nor do I care whether or not you buy the game. I haven't even decided for sure if I'm going to get it. I'm just saying, it would be nice if we could give the Presentations guys their due. I'd hate for them to think we don't appreciate this kind of stuff, because most of us do.

I agree BroHam. They did go all out this year. Im more than impressed! I surely appreciate it. I think we are just a little bitter after seeing the Madden Franchise additions. And there are a lot.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:36 PM   #78
Rookie

Catamount53's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I don't know if this is nitpicking or a true gripe. I guess I won't truly know until I am actually playing the game (and it prolly will determine if i will skip most of these when I'm in a dynasty) but I wish they had commentary going while some of these entrances were happening. I don't like the feel of dead air. Even if it was really basic commentary like "fans showing their disapproval for the visiting team" as the Bama players run out on Auburns field or Herbstreet or someone saying how a stadium is as loud as he has heard or maybe even some backstory to how these traditions were formed while they are being performed. Or throwing in some dynamic commentary like "Virginia hoping to avenge last years lost to Virginia Tech" as the coach talks to his players. As of now the only thing that happens is "and here comes team so and so" and then more dead air with the commentary.

Even if a commentary team sits back and lets the atmosphere take center stage, they still help to put the atmosphere in context with a few words.

1:31 "if you got a chance to experience what we are experiencing here, how could you not say yes to a scholarship offer?"

Something like that would be awesome for a commentator to say while the team entrance is going on. Also, I think it's still a little backwards. They do the team entrance and then do the quick analysis, and then the kickoff. I think the presentation for the pre-game should go like this.

1. ESPN graphics
2. Context of the game analysis
3. Team entrance
4. Key player analysis and keys to victory

Then the kickoff.

Not saying this to give crap to the dev for what they did do. I LOVE the effort they have put into the entrances. I'm sure I'll be pumped with the FSU entrance. Just offering a few thoughts for something they could add next year to boost an already great addition.

Really looking forward to the dynasty info releases.

I agree with you. It seems like the entrances could be done better and shortened and simplified some to get rid of the dead air. More analysis is needed for commentary also. Hopefully for '13 they take a good look at it and find a way to make it more fluid.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I agree BroHam. They did go all out this year. Im more than impressed! I surely appreciate it. I think we are just a little bitter after seeing the Madden Franchise additions. And there are a lot.
I know. I just hope there is big improvements to Dynasty as well.
5/23 is the date everyone is waiting for
Old 05-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #80
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

Quote:
I know I've recently become more critical of the NCAA team after seeing everything Madden is bringing to the table. It would be easier if we knew we'ed be getting solid info on Monday, but the it just seems as if NCAA is in a position to sort of ride off of their success from last year. I'm afraid we won't be getting the same level attention to Dynasty and Gameplay as we have with Presentation. Hopefully is just pessimism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »