Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Entrances

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Entrances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2011, 05:43 PM   #49
NCAA RTG Lead Designer

EA_Alex_Howell's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Brand New Entrances

All I have to say is War Damn Eagle.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:45 PM   #50
Rookie

TheRegan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkwforAUTigers
I don't mean to just come in here and grouch,
BUT
IMO, and I have been to many Auburn games, the War Eagle Entrance looks pretty pittiful. For one thing, the eagle doesn't fly while the team is running out, as the flight happens a few minutes before kickoff/entrance. Plus they just showed it flying, with no takeoff or landing. There is no tether on the bird. It just seems wrong. All those things are small but the main problem is....
No is screaming "War Eagle" as the eagle flies around! That is one of the biggest parts of the thing! You can have a sign that says War Eagle but can't add the crowd saying it? sheesh. And no War Eagle band song (although I think that its a copyright issue and not up to them anyway)

Bottom Line: Coming from an Auburn fan, I'm pretty sure they did a downright terrible job representing the Aubrun entrance. For me this is a bad sign...
I am also a diehard Auburn fan and while I expected more from the entrance, it's as good as it can get without respresenting the whole thing down to the last detail. I agree with the lack of the "War Eagle" cry, that left me disappointed, but the lack of the fight song and everything else doesn't kill me. Besides, you can add the song with the customizable entrance sounds, and probably the "War Eagle" cry as well.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #51
@HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl's Arena

OVR: 5

Everyone who gets an entrance in will complain or at least be disappointed with it. I know I am, with Tennessee's entrance, no running through the T, but oh well at least I can add custom music to the entrance and throw in my remix of Rocky Top.

On the plus side, I am ready for NCAA 2012 & May 23rd (if we make it that far. ) How about the rest of ya?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 05:54 PM   #52
Rookie

mesyes25's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
Virginia's entrance is real nice. I'm guessing this means Texas Tech's entrance will be in?
Hopefully...I've been asking around but nobody has said anything yet. Maybe itll they will show it in the next video.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:03 PM   #53
Rookie

Canes305's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySmooov
And you expect ALL OF THAT to be in a video game that has to account for a lot more bigger things, such as actual gameplay, when it comes to memory? Oh, ok. Maybe in about 5 years.
No I didnt expected it to. I happy with the entrances. I was jus showing the entrance to the dude
Old 05-17-2011, 06:10 PM   #54
Banned

JohnZapp's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesyes25
Hopefully...I've been asking around but nobody has said anything yet. Maybe itll they will show it in the next video.
ben did say texas tech while talking about team entrances in the ustream i believe
Old 05-17-2011, 06:11 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: New Entrances Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLeo
I give EA full marks for these but truthfully gotta wonder...howmuch time was spent on these that could've gone to gameplay.

How many weeks until you skip these altogether? 3 weeks? a month? very short shelf life. It's cute nothing more.

Would trade entrances for interactive sidelines or real team TD celebrations instead of zombie lineman any day of the week.
Thought this has been discussed already, like last year. There is an art team that concentrates on the presentation, entrances and uniforms. Then there is a gameplay team that focuses solely on that aspect of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #56
Pro

BallinVol's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I bleed Orange 24/7
Everyone who gets an entrance in will complain or at least be disappointed with it. I know I am, with Tennessee's entrance, no running through the T, but oh well at least I can add custom music to the entrance and throw in my remix of Rocky Top.

On the plus side, I am ready for NCAA 2012 & May 23rd (if we make it that far. ) How about the rest of ya?
Yeah sucks about the running through the T. Maybe next year? I for one was thinking about using swiper boy aka renaldo woolridge's Orange and White (remix to black and yellow by whiz khalifa) I gotta say that of all versions I've heard, he does the best job IMO. Its real catchy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »