Home

NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: NCAA Football 12 Video - Oklahoma State vs. OU Full Broadcast Opening Intro

Not bad.....although within a few seconds, I heard the "Coke Zero" ad TWICE.....

That won't get annoying quickly......(Remember "Reese's Peanut Butter Cups".........ugh!)

Do like the crowd noise though....along with some boo's as OSU came out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 12:07 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 0

Looks good to me... Just wonder how the TB logos are going to look in the presentation... Last year they looked...well not quite as good Looks like here, since the logos are 2D that it will work better as long as they're sized right...

Looking forward to Demo-Day...

I'd rather hear about Coke Zero than Reese's... I love the things...but the way he said it was kind of grating...
Old 05-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #67
MVP

WDOgF0reL1fe's Arena

OVR: 27

Yeah it was pretty boring actually.
Reminded me of any other year.
Dont get me wrong, it looks great.
But Im just gonna skip these if there is long pauses of no audio or commentary telling me WHY this game is important

Follow me on Twitter yeah.
@WillSoistman
Dibs: Jennifer Aniston

"Success isn't earned, it's leased. Rent is due every damn day.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:50 AM   #68
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

I think they are slowly getting into a broadcast presentation package, but I don't think it should take this many attempts, in all honesty. All you have to do is watch a few TV broadcasts to understand how to package the game.

If you're striving for realism, a realistic broadcast package is much more immersive and authentic than attempting this "in-between" package that seems stuck between trying to be EA-cinematic and having a true television broadcast. I think they should do one or the other (hopefully the latter) but not confuse the two and create a mess

The commentary is in poor shape, for certain. More than one team is not necessary, but I think because we've hearing the same guys for so many years, it would definitely help to either change the announcers (I'd prefer Musberger) or add a new squad creating CBS/ESPN broadcasts. Madden has been changing things up lately and with Gus Johnson they found a winner.

Aside from the lack of commentary depth, enthusiasm, and relevance, the camera angles also need work. See any TV broadcast to figure these out. Plus the shots need to change each game--if you recycle the same four camera shots each game, how redundant is that? We see the same section of fans, the same view of the players running out, and so forth each and every game, it just does not feel authentic at all. Mix those in with a multitude of other shots--of course I'd prefer they stuck with angles that are authentic to a TV broadcast--and it is a better package (with exceptions for RTG mode of course).

They did good things by bringing in the graphical overlays, wipes, and other things, but they missed out by not upgrading the actual in-game presentation, which is where most of a users time is spent (thus changes, or lack thereof, are the most notable). Maybe that will be on next year's agenda.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:40 AM   #69
Pro

TallyBoi7's Arena

OVR: 8

The intros do look like they'll get stale after a while...and the silence is kinda awkward as the teams get ready to come out. I mean that would be perfect for games that have no broadcast coverage(just like on last gen when some of your games weren't on regional or national TV and all you heard was the PA announcer) but not in this situation. The commentators should be talking.

EA needs to mix it up on the intros...give us a little variety just like threal ESPN Intros...like instead of every shot being inside the stadium, show fans tailgating outside the stadium...or pan the entire crowd...or show the players getting off of the buses walking to the stadium...just don't show the same thing everytime.

Florida State vs. Florida 2010 ESPN Intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBEXS...eature=related

MEAC/Swac Challenge on ESPN Intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oDW2C4Ljfs

ACC Championship ESPN Intro
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANNtvkB9Fxg
Old 05-20-2011, 03:40 AM   #70
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDOgF0reL1fe
Yeah it was pretty boring actually.
Reminded me of any other year.
Dont get me wrong, it looks great.
But Im just gonna skip these if there is long pauses of no audio or commentary telling me WHY this game is important
exactly..they swith between tv broadcast and ea's version of a cinematic broadcast which annoys the hell out of me..however ea has never been the best in this category anyway
Old 05-20-2011, 11:49 AM   #71
Banned

OVR: 0

Gotta admit it is time for new commentators. Sometimes you just gotta change it up. Overall, though I like the pre-game stuff this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #72
Rookie

vmkstar99's Arena

OVR: 2

Don't know if I was the only one who noticed that at about 30 seconds in, it sounds very choppy when he says the teams?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »