Home

Coaching Carousel: Where Will You Begin?

This is a discussion on Coaching Carousel: Where Will You Begin? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:34 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Coaching Carousel: Where Will You Begin?

DC-- Texas State
I want to start down and dirty, start at the very bottom and hopefully coach them to have a top twenty defense....maybe fifty :P

OC-- University of Texas
Sorry Major Applewhite and Bryan Harsin, I'm taking the pro style offense with me to Texas. I love to pound the football and throw dinks and dunks, it'll resemble Bum Phillips of the Houston Oilers days.

HC-- University of Texas
Going to attempt to recreate the Mack Brown glory days, hopefully not go through the 2010 season again
Texas Rangers
San Antonio Spurs
Corpus Christi Hooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #66
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I'd probably start at a Small School as DC.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:40 PM   #67
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Shocked nobody wanted to try and be Joe Pa's heir apparent.

I thought a fun game would be me and my brother taking over some WAC schools, which should be extra fun seeing as they only have like 5 teams now.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #68
MVP

dan_457's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
Shocked nobody wanted to try and be Joe Pa's heir apparent.

I thought a fun game would be me and my brother taking over some WAC schools, which should be extra fun seeing as they only have like 5 teams now.
This brings up an excellent thought. If you're a coordinator at a school, and the head coach gets canned, retires, etc, do you get first billing at the job? I wonder how that works out, like maybe you get a preference, kind of like the alma mater bonus.

-Cleveland Browns-

-Cleveland Cavaliers-
Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 PM   #69
Rookie

smace767's Arena

OVR: 4

As i said before gonna do three dynasties;

1) start at the bottom level sunbelt team with default playbook on offense and move as fast as possible taking the best job i can get. Even if i get a new job each year. Only rule is every job must be an upgrade. will retire when i win a conf title at a BCS conf as a head coach.
Will do this at release with default rosters, on default all american in non bcs schools, default Heisman in BCS confs.

2) start at Troy as DC with custom playbook. Only moving to specific schools as a DC until im at the Top ten program level DC. Then take a a specific three star head coach position( Nevada, Uconn, Wash st) and move up Until im coaching Oklahoma, LSU, Colorado, or Washington. If i get Ok or LSU jobs first, i will end with them. If Colo or Wash open up i will go there until i get OK or LSU job. Only can move up after 3 years or an outstanding season/ conf championship at each job.
Done with named rosters with the communtiy determined best sim level with custom sliders.

Job tree wish list(firm list)
DC@Troy
DC@Nevada / SMU
DC@nc st/ WASH ST
DC@Top ten school
HC@Uconn/ Wash / Colo
HC@LSU/OKL

3) I will start at a 2*WAC school as an OC with a custom playbook. I cannot leave until a set team/ conf records on off and i have all conf players. Then i will move to the worst off team based on that past years stats in the next level conf.
Stay there until i have the best off again with team or conf records on offense(passing, rushing or total offense). Keep moving up while taking over the worst offs in a conf. Do this Until i get to the SEC and i take over the worst off in the SEC as OC.

Whatever school that is, i will stay and wait for the HC position at that school and retire after back to back BCS or 3 total BCS titles.
Done on sim level with named rosters and sim level custom sliders on what ever is determined the most realistic.

The goal is take over the worst offense with each new job. But it might end up being one of the bottom 2 or three depending on how this actual plays out and how many openings there are in the next conf up.

Job tree wish list
OC@ worst offense in WAC / conf USA
OC@ worst offense in MWC /MAC
OC@ worst offense in Big east /ACC
OC@ worst offense in Big 12/ big ten / PAC 12

OC@ worst offense in SEC(im a Big 12 or 10 or whatever we call it guy but being a high powered offense will have the most challenge top to bottom in the SEC vs their level athlete and defense)

HC@ SEC school i was OC for.

The only other house rule is the first recruit i sign at each school that is 2 stars higher than the school(im at a one star and i sign a three star, im a 2 star school and the first four star i sign)I must stay through his soph year.

Because for me to get a four star to come to my two star school i had to build a relationship and promise some things. Even if my dream job opens up. After the players soph year all bets are off and im gone.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:33 PM   #70
Rookie

Signaltheescape's Arena

OC at UT-El Paso
OC at USF
OC at Texas
HC at Texas
Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #71
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

I fugure I'll start at Baylor as OC. I'll keep most of the spread philosophy but I will start incorporating some pro style and power running game with custom playbooks. I figure the pro style will help Robert Griffin III translate into the NFL. I would eventually like to move up to HC with Iowa or Texas and hire a 3-4 DC.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2011, 10:19 PM   #72
Pro

Start off as OC at UAB, hopefully get the HC job, helping build UAB up in the process to finally give them a winning record(they're 104-120-2 and 0-1 in bowls). Or at lest do well enough to be offered HC at Alabama...the dream, alma matter job... Stick around until I'm either about to be fired and just retire, or win 7 championships, then retire... Either way... I'll end up doing this time after time until I finally get it done this way...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »