Home

What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours)

This is a discussion on What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #25
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours

In an NCAA 11 offline dynasty I took over Louisville and struggled to really establish myself in the first three years going 8-5, 9-4 and 9-4. Fourth year it all came together with my Senior Quarterback who was now a 94 speed 90 overall scrambler who had played second fiddle to a pocket passer for the last three years.

The season was going perfect -- and it helped I was in a weaker Big East. My quarterback was absolutely messing with people and was running all over the competition -- but I did have one major game that I will never EVER forget in the middle of the season against the then #1 team in the nation ALABAMA on the road.

This game was an absolute doozy and to this day is my #1 rated ESPN Classic with score of 2264.

It was a back and forth game with both offenses able to get their points and it didn't look good when Alabama took a 42-39 lead with just over two minutes left in the game.

That's when Brown (my QB) took over and pushed us down the field all the way to the four yard line with just 2 seconds left on the clock. So with 2 seconds left I can either kick the field goal and go to overtime or try for the win. Knowing that I didn't have much left in me I decided to go for the win...

Here was the final play and let me just say that it's only time I will never ever complain about WRs warping to the ball LOL:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/37072550

and a picture of how close he was to being out of bounds...

That final play is the one play that will stick with me from that season. As you can see, I was going to try to run it in around the DE, but he closed a lot quicker than I thought and I just barely got the ball off...

Even after winning that game and finishing undefeated I was left out of the national championship in favor of two larger BCS schools who were also undefeated. So I settled for a Rose Bowl appearance against Oregon, which I won and Brown, my QB, hoisted the heisman as well. Personally, I feel I won the national championship that year, much in the same way Utah felt they won it and Auburn felt they won it several years back.

With Brown graduating and everything that happened I decided to leave Louisville on top and went to Florida (where I am 0-4 against Alabama in two seasons LOL)....

Last edited by EvanRG; 05-20-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #26
Rookie

SlickRick11's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What Was Your Most Memorable Single Year in a Dynasty?? (Please Tell About Yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Here was the final play and let me just say that it's only time I will never ever complain about WRs warping to the ball LOL:
http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/37072550

and a picture of how close he was to being out of bounds...

That final play is the one play that will stick with me from that season. As you can see, I was going to try to run it in around the DE, but he closed a lot quicker than I thought and I just barely got the ball off.
That pass rush was insane and you did get it off just in time any later and it would have effected your throw.....WR just barely dragged his foot in.....Good Video

-5 time National Champions (the same as Florida and Florida State.....COMBINED)
Old 05-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #27
Rookie

UniversityofArizona's Arena

OVR: 3

Backing into the end zone with style for the win!
Old 05-20-2011, 04:39 PM   #28
Banned

FightinSnydersKSU's Arena

OVR: 5

NCAA 06 with San Diego State on PS2. I was in the 15th year of Dynasty and i lost my starting LT to a torn ACL for the year, i suspended my starting HB for the year who was a Heisman candidate, and i had to suspend my Starting QB for the season as well. I had a pretty loaded team then, but i just thought it was cool that i won the mountain west and finished number 6 in the nation that season with my second string QB and my second and third string HB's splitting carries. I never won a National Title with SDSU in that Dynasty but that was by far the most memorable dynasty for me because of all the adversity. God i hope suspensions are in 2012.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've got two. In NCAA 09 I played as Western Kentucky and eventually brought them from independent to SEC champs. In my first year, I managed to recruit a 5 star quarterback and a 4 star wide receiver. The quarterback unfortunately was a bust but the receiver ended up breaking most of the NCAA receiving records and stayed all four years.

The second would have to be a few years down the road where I had the number 1 recruiting class and had the number 1 ranked defense and offense. Most of the players were juniors and seniors and left after that year which definitely set me back a bit but the underclassmen did alright the next year.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #30
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballfan952
My most memorable (for all the wrong reasons)
It was my first time doing a serious, committed online dynasty (this year). I was Penn State. It was year 4 of the dynasty, and the first year I had joined the OD. I lost my 5th or 6th game of the season to another user, #1 ranked Michigan. I lost by about 9.

I won my second user game of the year against Nebraska. I was winning big and survived a late comeback.

After a strange turn of events I was ranked 2nd in the nation at 10-1. All I had to do was beat a 4-7 unranked CPU Oregon State team. I honestly didn't feel like I had played that bad in the game, as I put up 45 points on them. However I found myself down 48-45 with less then 30 seconds to go. I'm driving down the field before being stopped at the 5 yard line. On the next play, I scramble with my QB towards the endzone. Guys were approaching me, so I dove into the endzone for the easy TD. However, my clutch QB fumbled the ball in midair at about the 1/2 yard line. Oregon State recovers. Game over, along with my NC hopes.

After hoisting the 2nd best Big 10 record at 7-1, and with 8-0 Michigan headed to the NC, I figured I would be headed to the Rose Bowl. WRONG. An at-large receives the bid, and I'm headed to the Capital One Bowl against another user team.

HORRIBLE SEASON. Had loads of fun with it though.

Being the Commish of this dynasty, I cannot lie: I was in a party with Miami (who was trying to sneak into the NC game) and Michigan (who was the only undefeated school). Miami is just hardcore rooting against Penn State. He's sitting there with the dashboard open score watching the ENTIRE game and just celebrating. And then he gets passed by an SEC team (of course, since the ACC gets zero respect in this game, no matter what season). Was a good time.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 05-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 21

One of my most memorable would be an online dynasty I played with friend. We both used horrific TeamBuilder versions of Arizona State and Oregon State (me). Our rosters were based on Temple and UAB respectively.

Early on in the season I had trouble figuring out how to play with my team. I lost handily to TCU after giving up 9 turnovers, but somehiw managed a win against Boise, making me think that I was on my way to the top. Then I beat the ever loving crap out of Louisville, confirming I was on the way up.

Then I played my friend's Arizona State and was soundly beaten 37-14. I followed that with a loss to Arizona in overtime starting the Pac-10 season off 0-2. I then squeaked out a win against Washington but I didn't feel very good about it.

Then I played in the most disastrous game of the season against Cal. I turned the ball over an astounding 11 times and lost by over 30 points.

In the meantime I had been playing around with different playbooks, from UAB, ULM, and the Nevada pistol. After the Cal game I decided to try the NC State playbook against UCLA. I went to face the Bruins uncertain about how my new offense would work only to go up 42-7 at the half and blow the boys from Westwood out of the building.

I'd go on a 4-game winning streak to get to 7-4 (5-3) going into my rivalry game with Oregon. I had a newfound confidence but just like old times lost due to an abundance of turnovers.

I finished the season 7-5 (5-4) despite being #120 in turnover margin with the next worst team (Western Kentucky) 16 off. I was somehow going to a bowl after a great turnaround while my friend's Arizona State team floundered to a 5-win season. I then beat a Top 25 Baylor team to win my bowl game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2011, 07:56 PM   #32
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12

check out my dynasty in my signature, the season I have going on right now just may be my most memorable if I can keep it going. But hands down, last season was a barn burner, especially with losing my star quarterback at the end of the season. Highly detailed for people that like good reads!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »